water systems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So, you think that highlighting to people the dangers of gas work is a warped view.Also implying that anyone competent can work on gas, when only a person who IS competent , and doesnt just believe they are competent is able to work on gas, How does one judge whether or not he or she is competent.

Sponsored Links
This is typical of BigBurner, Dr Drivel, Water systems, Waterways or whatever alias he takes on, even lawrence whatever :rolleyes:

He clearly has a personality disoder, especially if all he has to spend his time doing is creating new alias's so there can be a fictitious 'somebody' that shares his unsafe, unqualified and dangerous views.

Its about time admin , who have banned him twice previously, ban him forever and anyone who posts from his IP address in the future.

He certainly brings the whole of DIYNOT validity into question :mad:

Not sure who you're aiming this post at.

Gas work is clearly potentially very dangerous apart from illegal if you're not registered and trained. There are people such as myself who are experienced and trained to nvq2 but don't want to take it any further and prefer the multitasking involved in bathooms, kitchens and wet work. I always tell the customer that I will not touch gas in any shape or form and will call in registered mates to deal with it as necessary.

The benefit for the customer is that they get a cheaper daily rate from me since I don't have to jump through the regular hoops/inspections/training/insurances that you boys have to.

So who's rattled your cage and advised very stupid practices to follow?

Nothing aimed at you :rolleyes: Unless you are another re-incarnation of Dr Drivel/Big Burner :mad:

If you've got several hours spare, look up Big Burners posts, Dr Drivel etc and you will see what we are on about.

The buffoon is dangerous, as well as being senial with a chip on his shoulder :eek: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Just had a quick look and there does appear to be a bit of argy bargy between BB and yourselves.

Am currently deciding which boiler to go for myself for my own house which I will ask for advice for in due course.

Having read briefly the "conversations" involving BB, it does seem a little like he's giving advice based on quoted specifications which don't really appear to be of much use to the thread authors, nor to be entirely comprehensible unless one is well versed in technobabble. Maybe I could advise him to further his knowledge by reading "The History of Mr Polly" by HG Wells to deepen his skills in discoursencidipities.

As for his reasons for becoming involved in this forum, he does indeed seem to have a curious homeostatic imbalance between the ego and the id, as we used to say.

(PS I am quoting from a "brochure" about psychiatric disorders here!!)

WHYTHEFEK . Do yous keep biting at him he must be sitting there p#shing himself laughing how everytime he throws a line in he gets a bite. His mantlepiece must be full of fishing trophies

WHYTHEFEK . Do yous keep biting at him he must be sitting there p#shing himself laughing how everytime he throws a line in he gets a bite. His mantlepiece must be full of fishing trophies

you've sooooo got a point here :LOL:

Gas work is clearly potentially very dangerous apart from illegal if you're not registered and trained.

I am only interested in facts. The law says you must be competent, and if you make money from gas work then registered. If you don't make money from it then all you be is competent. Look at what my sig says. Totally and utter factual.

Personal opinions don't count, so not worth posting. Do not post them.

Fact then, Water Burner Dribble Systems you can't be qualified in gas,as said many times by others,OR you would be a member of the Combustion Chamber with the attitude you have.
So why not join and debate such things -- Oh you can't:cool:

Gas work is clearly potentially very dangerous apart from illegal if you're not registered and trained.

I am only interested in facts. The law says you must be competent, and if you make money from gas work then registered. If you don't make money from it then all you be is competent. Look at what my sig says. Totally and utter factual.

Personal opinions don't count, so not worth posting. Do not post them.
But you are just posting your personal opinion as to what the law means.

The danger of you approach, which essentially says that someone is competent until proved otherwise, is that you don't know that someone is incompetent until something goes wrong - explosion, gas leak, carbon monoxide poisoning.

Water Systems, would you regard yourself competent in respect of working on gas .If so, what qualifies you to assume such.

In theory Water Systems may have a point but fails to see that he is just working on personal opinion.

A single person cannot deem themselves to be competent just because, in their personal opinion, they think they know what they are doing.

To be deemed competent you must be able to prove your knowledge and this is done through some form of assessment/governing body. This is true of most professions not just the gas industry.

Just because i think i know a little about medicine and can google nhs direct doesn't allow me to carry out surgery. I might deem myself competent to do so but it is not formerly recognised and therefore illegal.

You may deem yourself competent Water Systems but by what yardstick are you measuring your competency?

No, Water Systems, you've got the law wrong. People have been who have tried your line have been prosecuted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back