water under floor could be speedfit ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a deep puddle of water under my floorboards.
I can hear a drip in the direction of a certain speedfit pipe, but cant see it as theres a supporting foundation wall.

Is there a specific way of attaching a new pipe and pulling it through the twists and turns ?
its not protected in anything.

I can obviously add a compression fitting for strength to join them but it may get caught on joists ?

is there a better way ?
thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes lift floor boards where the pipe is and check it is actually that fitting which is leaking

When we push a water supply through a duct we cut the shoulder off an insert and join the pipes internally, then we push the new pipe through (rather than pull the old one.

not sure that would work round too many bends though and if it’s clipped you’ll have no chance.

Thanks Ian , I got a plumber under the floorboards in the end, he was a bit puzzled as we could hear a drip, but it seemed to be within the pipe , where the waste pipe joined to the drain pipe.

not the speedfit after all.

he thinks the water is coming in somewhere else from where the wall the drain pipe goes through wasnt concreted properly

still puzzled sbout the dripping noise inside the pipe though

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back