Wayleave - two services on one pole

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have two poles on my property...

One western power - with Wayleave

One Openreach - which I have just found out has no wayleave.

(and openreach are playing hardball)

Question: The Openreach overhead wire goes from thier pole and onto the Western power pole. If Western power is paying me for a wayleave (and Openreach arn't). Does openreach have wayleave on the Western power pole?

Sponsored Links
WPD are paying you for their pole. They may be very annoyed that Openreach are using it (there are rules about what can be attached to power poles) so you might want to mention it to WPD.
If (as is likely) WPD tell Openreach to move their stuff off the pole, there's your opportunity to negotiate a deal with them.

Openreach are installing fibre in our area and are digging in a section where it passes under power lines , they tell me its because it has to be 3m clear of the lines. I dont believe you get wayleave from openreach if it only serves your property.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies..

Just to clarify...
The openreach cables on are legacy phone lines and have been there for decades
The openreach cables do NOT serve my property
I moved into the property just 3 years ago and I don't know what the wayleave agreement with WP is exactly, I just get payments from WP for the wayleave (not sure how I get the wayleave details)?

I am not sure how to proceed with this, openreach are avoiding any conversations about their equipment on my property. When I formally asked for information of their equipment on my property (and wayleave details) they just supplied me with thier cable map.... which is incorrect (and talking to locals) is decades out of date. When I challanged them and pointed out the information was totally wrong they just said that the map has a caveat that the "info maybe out of date" and if I wanted accurate information "I" would have to pay for a survey!

Tell them to remove the pole off your property, then they. They then might show you the way leave details

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back