WB to repair or replace?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Worcester Bosch 35CDi which was in the house before I bought it so figuring the boiler is 14+ years old. Has been regularly serviced. Every year it seems there is a problem of some sort which has been fixed without a huge bill (pressure switch twice, and the compression chamber? sorry cant' remember offhand). It always begins with a slow flashing red which is I understand an ignition failure warning. This happens once in a while, push the reset button and it is generally fine. Sometimes it is something bigger and have to get it repaired.

Just to be prepared for future big outlay I've had an estimate to replace it with a similar ability WB for £3500.

Had a blip this morning which made me think of this again, but the reset button sorted it.

Is this boiler worth keeping repairing? Should it have a good few years in it if kept? 3500 does seem like a lot of money, but I don't want to keep throwing hundreds down the toilet if it is not worth keeping. It is due for service next month.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
the boiler you have is a decent boiler to be honest , sorry cant comment on the price you have been quoted as i havent seen the job, but there is someone on here who will come on and tell you it is too expensive, Worcester do a guarenteed repair for about £270 which includes any parts required plus labour and carries a 12 month warranty should your existing boiler break down so maybe that gives you more to think about when considering your options

Thanks for replies. I'll look into the WB repair deal never heard of that before. I may make sense on my old boiler who knows.
Not sure what 30 warrany refers to?

Be helpful if someone could give a heads up on the price I've been quoted. I know things vary with each installation but a ballpark figure I should expect would be helpful. I'm also going to get a few other quotes but prefer to stick with people I know.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
They are still totally repairable boilers.

If only you added your location to your profile then I could tell you what I would charge you for a new boiler.

But after fixing three major faults on a Worcester Greenstar 42cdi in the last six weeks they are not a brand I would greatly recommend until I can have a holiday to get over that boiler.

Tony

You have been given good advice from Ian and Tony. Call Worcestor for a fixed price repair or get 3 quotes for a new boiler.

My advice would be at least wait until spring time to change the boiler as most gas engineers are busy now and you will pay an inflated price.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back