WC Screws for to screw into floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

Current screws have rusted so bad that the heads have fallen off. I'm looking to replace but want to get the suitable screws. Do they need plugging into the floor as i have floor tiles. Sorry if i sound like a complete idiot as i'm a novice DIYER.

I was thinking these http://www.screwfix.com/p/pan-bidet-fixing-kit/43370

If not can someone suggest more suitable ones?

Thanks
Jibbs

Sponsored Links
Depends on the subfloor, concrete will need drilling and plugging, timber you would just need to drill thru tile.

Grippfill the base, worked for me. Never moved since. The WC not me :D

Sponsored Links
Do the screws run horizontally into a fixing block or bracket under the pan, or vertically (or thereabouts) straight into the floor?

Cadmium plated or passivated screws are supposed to be rustproof .... until the plating gets bruised by the screwdriver as you install them - hence the plastic covers for the heads on the ones you linked to.

Brass screws can suffer 'dezincification' as they age, leaving them a bit brittle.

Stainless steel screws shouldn't rust or tarnish.

Both brass and stainless screws can be a little soft to drive in without the correct size pilot hole.

Personally I prefer to see a clean, well fitted screw head to looking at a plastic bubble stuck over the end of the fixing, but that's just me....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back