We have a combi, want a solid fuelled Aga/rayburn also?

T

thatbloke

Is there anyway to combine a combi with a back boiler from a stove?
I think it is a waste of heat having a solid fuelled stove that doesnt heat water also ,so , can we combine both systems?
The stove would only be used on occasion and during the winter.
Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
To combine such a system to your proposed AGA/Rayburn, would be too costly to be worthwhile especially as you only to propose to use the solid fuel unit "occasionaly" I would simply get a Cooker only AGA/Rayburn and forget heating hot water with it!! ;)

I have fitted one of these to an oil system boiler wood burner dual boiler system - http://www.h2panel.co.uk/h2index.htm

A combination boiler is not the ideal choice for such a system, but the use of a neutralizer and appropriate pipe stats, heat leak radiators and zone valves would make it possible.

The above May be a solution
BUT as I have already stated the cost of such an installation would be prohibitive given that the Range is only to be used "Occasionaly in the Winter" The sums do not add up!! ;)

Sponsored Links
The sums may add up in the future with the recent energy price rises.

I was under the impression the poster was requesting opinions and advice, you've given yours.

Get rid of the solid fuel stove and join the 21st century.

The old and the new and never the two shall meet.

If you are only using the stove occasionally what's the point?

The amount you would save in comparison to the amount
of heat you are actually wasting using the stove in
the first place with it all going straight up the chimney is
insignificant.

The old and the new and never the two shall meet

If only that were true. More and more people are installing solid fuel stoves and fan assisited solid fuel units. With the latter eligible for rhi payments.

You don't get something for nothing with a boiler in a solid fuel stove. They burn more fuel, and it will almost certainly cost more to heat the water than using the combi unaided would.

I really would not do this.

Even Aga installers will admit that the Aga boiler is an inefficient and expensive way to heat water.

We got our Aga second hand off Ebay and on dismantling we found that it had once had a boiler but it had been removed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back