Wear something bright at night.

Sponsored Links
Given we all understand the problem, strange how slowing down and being aware appears to form no part of driving strategy.
I put it down to inability to assimilate time and distance. EG. 1 mile at 30 mph =2 mins : 1 mile at 20 mph = 3 mins. Time is overdue to become the technicians you drivers believe that you are - Think !!
In the vid, a 'slow sign' was ignored - ie. velocity appeared to remain the same... Driver has no concept maybe should not be on the road.

Oh well he/she got home early enough to waste time on the fools communicator - more important than lives to some, although they'll never see it that way.

-0-

Sponsored Links
Given we all understand the problem, strange how slowing down and being aware appears to form no part of driving strategy.
I put it down to inability to assimilate time and distance. EG. 1 mile at 30 mph =2 mins : 1 mile at 20 mph = 3 mins. Time is overdue to become the technicians you drivers believe that you are - Think !!
In the vid, a 'slow sign' was ignored - ie. velocity appeared to remain the same... Driver has no concept maybe should not be on the road.

Oh well he/she got home early enough to waste time on the fools communicator - more important than lives to some, although they'll never see it that way.

-0-

The speed on that road is 60. The video clearly shows me travelling at 25 mph! I suppose I should have just parked up for the night and walked home just in case. :sleep:

I think empip just watched a different video to the rest of us, i'm sure when he watches the correct one he will see his error.

Were you watching another video? Even the slow down marking on the road did not appear until after I swerved at 25 mph to avoid the loon in black.

the speed was quite modest, although the distance illuminated by the headlamps looks short. It did not appear to be a built-up area or have streetlights where dipped headlamps would be appropriate.

Presumably the speed was low enough that the driver would be able to stop within the distance he could see to be clear (about 23 metres at 30mph).

I once had the misfortune to be with a group of people who were hit by an elderly driver at night, when they were at the side of a wide road with street lighting but no pavement, who said he hadn't seen them, despite his dipped headlights. The noise was quite sickening.

Sponsored Links
Back