Wear something bright at night.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Driving back from a friends this evening and met this. In case you don't know dashcams make things look further away than they are.

Sponsored Links
I had to watch it twice to notice what I was looking for.

Runners and cyclists should be made to have lights by law!

I saw a car drive straight in to a cyclist on an unlit road like in the video above, he had no lights and was wearing black.

Andy

Never mind by law its just bloody common sense, beggers belief that someone would go out for a run in that darkness and not even give any thought to what they wear

Sponsored Links
You see them all the time down here. They usually have earphones plugged in and are running facing away from the traffic on their side as well. Thus ensuring their Darwin award.
Pedestrians of all sorts should be made to show a light on dark roads. The sensible ones do anyway.
Cyclists must have lights by law. I got done for it when I was a teenager. I received an official warning, and a conditional discharge, but a mate of mine who was done at around the same time was fined a fiver. A lot of money back then.

If idiots want to dice with death, that's their choice as far as I'm concerned.

I recommend dashcams. If you accidentally run someone down at night, your video recording will demonstrate that it was not possible to see the casualty until it was too late to do anything to avoid them.

That's terrible.

The music is terrible.

I recall those public service adverts telling us to carry a newspaper or wear a white mac when going out at night. We should all wear white macs.

it just goes to show that some of those silly films they used to show and even recent silly advice like how to blow your nose into a tissue, are in fact necessary.

Sponsored Links
Back