WeatherProof CU Suggestions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondering if anyone here know of any good weatherproof cu's suitable for hager mcb's online if you can. I have used the hager version before but it was abit awkward in terms of the screw caps. (those that have used this cu will understand what I mean).

My local supplier only had a small legrand one which could have done nicely but I want an 8-12 module cu.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
In ten years I have only ever needed to fit two IP rated CUs.

Both of these were in slaughterhouses which were steam cleaned daily.

Why do you think you need to install an IP rated CU, Mr. Darkness?

The building is large open ended and the cu is to be position near the entrance. Because its open ended and especially this time of year, the walls near the entrance are often damp. Also, the odd time, the floor maybe powerwashed out.

Just thought, there is no harm in having one when a cu is to be fitted.

Sponsored Links
your favourite CU, in an IP rated box with top-hinged door, and glands along the bottom for the incoming cables.

I have actually thought about that and I might go that way.

I fitted an MK IP rated enclosure with a 30mA RCD and a 50A MCB next to a external meter box couple of years ago to supply a shed, sorry designer studio unit.

they've yet to complain about loss of power, so I can only assume it works.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back