Weekend Break in London

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thinking of doing a mini break in London for my and my missus' 40th in November..... any recommendations ?? (Besides 'not going to London' of course!! :D )

Sponsored Links
Comedy store 2 hour shows at 8 and midnight less than 20 quid and an excellent couple of hours , 8 oclock one needs booking in advance usually

Sponsored Links
Its her 40th send her with her mates and go on the lash while she is away :LOL:

Thinking of doing a mini break in London for my and my missus' 40th in November..... any recommendations ?? (Besides 'not going to London' of course!! :D )

Strand Palace hotel, right in the middle of West end, Hotel concergi will book a show for you, within walking distance.
Plenty do do and see, London eye, National gallery etc

Wotan

Nowadays, very good shows can be seen in many of our major cities. as well as in London but, if the good Lady is not familiar with London, in my opinion, seeing some of it's landmarks make a weekend trip very worthwhile. The "London Eye" gives a wonderful view of the Thames, Westminster, and The Houses of Parliament. In Exhibition road, some of the best museums are located and, with it's often changing displays, the Science Museum is fascinating and seems to cater for a wide range of interests. The river bus, down to Greenwich, especially if the return journey is made after dark, is magnificent. Harrods,in Knightsbridge, is an entertainment on it's own but, don't let the Lady take your cards or chequebook :LOL:

Thanks for the ideas guys ( especially the 'getting lashed' one :LOL: )
I'll be doing some of that this Wednesday, watching the footy in the pub ;)

I was having a look online last night for the 'Theatre / hotel' deals, but not sure which one to do.

Thanks again :)

went to london in july got a boat from embankment two hours on river with lunch £31 each well worth it , took show in, very good week plus not as dear as everybody tells you, ;)

I was having a look online last night for the 'Theatre / hotel' deals, but not sure which one to do. Thanks again :)

If you don't mind being flexible about what you see, go to the official half price ticket booth - a concrete building in the middle of Leicester Square. It has electronic notice boards up and you will be chatting to Americans in the queue, but don't let that put you off. You will get legit half price tickets for that day's performances, and some of the bigger shows are now appearing.

Jury's Clifton Ford is a nice hotel just off Oxford Street, not too expensive, nice breakfast, nice location and has a pool/spa and gym in the basement which is novel in London without paying mega £'s.

If she hasn't seen the sights get an all day tube card for Zone 1 and do the lot - Then go for a curry, a few drinks in the bar, a bit of skinny dipping in the floodlit pool and finish off by getting your card stamped back at the room.

Everyone's a winner :LOL:

Have a go on the DLR, not only is it a good train ride, but the views you get are good.
So get a 1 day travel card & jump on & off buses etc, have a walk over the millenium bridge, walk from the tower of london into london, plenty of pubs on the way.

More motorised transport and less walking otherwise she'll have no energy left to sh@g you ;)

Top deck of one of those tour buses with commentary is good. A lot of then leave from Baker Street near the Planetarium/Madame Tussauds (I used to work in the building where Sherlock Holmes office was(n't)

Daytime is better as you can see more.

If you get the seat at the back of the top deck you can do the other thing as well.

Sponsored Links
Back