Weird RCD Tripping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a split load Wylex CU in my garage with 60A 30MA RCD, 1x32amp MCB supplying garage ring main which is on RCD side, 1x6amp MCB for lighting not on RCD Side, 1X20amp MCB supplying single socket for Freezer again not on RCD.

The whole install is supplied from house CU from a 40amp MCB-non rcd- run in 10mm SWA.

Problem I have is recently when I go to turn off the lights in the garage the RCD trips-but not everytime- even though it is not on the RCD side.

Whole setup has been installed for almost 1yr and has only just started doing this. Any ideas guys, I have looked at the neutrals for the usual incorrect wiring but surely this would have showed up sooner.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Try unplugging everything on the garage ring final and see if the problem subsides.

If you have the equipment, you'd be well advised to test the IR of the ring final, but it sounds like you haven't

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back