Wet Room

DIYnot

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For those that are interested the pictures have just been added to PilotPete's Wet Room article in the Wiki.

Click here to view the article.

Sponsored Links
Cheers gcol and William for sorting out the Wiki entry for me and adding pictures.

The bog brush looks fine 'in the flesh', trust me! As for a bath, well it is only an ensuite, we have a main bathroom which has a bath. Plus the room is only 1300mm wide and 2500mm long, so a bath would be too big in my opinion. I ripped out a corner quadrant shower from the same corner as the new shower area, the toilet and basin are in the same places as the old ones. There would be no room for either if I put a bath in!

PP

Sponsored Links
Lovely job, I've recently finished a small wet room in a downstairs cupboard and about to do another full size one, they are becoming more popular, although I prefer a good soak in a bath myself :D

Fantastic looking finish Pete.

Sounds as if all the unseen prep-work's been done to the letter too.

Cheers guys. Been off the forum at work for a while so not been reading! Just waiting for a new door, which is being made by a company in Crewe that deals in reclaimed doors. I wanted the reclaimed look, but my house was built with 27" doors upstairs and they never made them that size years ago! The chap at Strippex is getting bespoke doors made from pine, with proper morticed joints (I think that is the correct term) and he is going to 'age' them in his acid bath and then finish them for me. I have seen a sample and they are superb, looking like true reclaimed doors! At £160 a shot finished, I think they are good value. Next task is to learn how to hang a door....... ;)

Would it not make more sense to hang the door so it fits, then remove it and have him apply the finish? If you need to plane the edges you'll lose the finish surely. :confused:

Yes gcol

That is actually what is being done......it was my wording that was incorrect! :oops:

PP

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back