Wet Rot Hardener - Spilt on Paving :(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Wonder if anyone can help fix my DIY disaster. Whilst using Ronseal wet rot hardener on an external door, I accidentally spilt a bit, missing the masking and ending up on a light brown paving stone. It's now left white coloured droplets and I just can't get rid of it. I have tried bleach and brick cleaner (hydrochloride acid) but no affect at all.

Can anyone recommend anything ?

Thank you. Jack

Sponsored Links
no, but write to Ronseal and ask them.

Sponsored Links
Wet rot hardener smells of acetone, which is the same solvent as is used in nail polish. So I would expect nail polish remover/acetone/cellulose thinners to remove spilt wet rot hardener, if anything will.

White spirit is the solvent for cleaning off tools and equipment and, iirc, dried excess can be removed with a wire brush, so a combination of both may work. That said, wire brushing may well cause more damage to the slab than you have now.

When I've spilt dirty engine oil on my drive, I've used petrol to dissolve the oil, followed by washing up liquid ,then water

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back