Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I'm discussing with a plumber whether it's possible to replace a bathtub with a shower and storage space but am not doing a very good job of asking the right questions to work out if it's feasible from a space perspective as I don't have the technical terminology.
What I'd like to determine is how much space would be created by replacing the 1460mm bathtub with a 1000mm shower enclosure by bringing forward the wet wall and so leaving a void behind it. 1460m minus 1000mm gets me the void of 460mm, but how much of that space is going to be used up by the new wet wall in which the shower piping is installed? Any advice and thoughts on how maximise the space would be much appreciated.
Cheers
Tom

Sponsored Links
What are you trying to achieve? Why do you want a large void?

Thanks for your response. I'm trying to determine whether there's enough space to put in a utility cupboard behind the shower. It doesn't need to be pretty, just a stash space for a few domestic items, but ideally I'd like to not extend beyond the current footprint of the bath (1460x800) which I intend to replace. I'm trying to determine roughly how wide such a cupboard would be after the plumbing went in behind a circa 1000mm shower enclosure.

Sponsored Links
1460 tub? Thats not a bath, its a pygmy christening font, no wonder you're not bothered about keeping it.
Wall thickness will be at least 85mm just for studs & backing board so yr cupboard will be be 375 at most. Worth the effort-probably not.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back