whacker plate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Lot my front and back to do quite abit of work in different areas at differnt times. Was looking at hiring one and my tool hire want £60 a week. I am a diyer so I prob need it 3 times for 3 different jobs so was looking a buying one. Nothing to expensive around £200 if can find. Anyone know anywhere selling for around this price ? I seen a evolution one a while ago for £160 but it gone up to £270 now.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Have a look around your area for any auction sites, we have a monthly one in my area, full of builders kit, and liquidation stock.
Last month there were 18 whacker plates, went for well under your budget.
If its any help the Auctioneers by me are called, AMS Auctions, they do auctions in different parts of the country.
If you google them, you will see what areas they cover, or they might suggest local ones to you.

I had an Evolution plate in for repair a while ago.....
Apart from having no clutch, it would only 'walk' when ticking over, and anything above that would simply jump around on the spot.
A completely useless machine!
John :)

Sponsored Links
In my experience vibrating plates fall into 2 catagories.

1. Plates that will compact well but are really expensive 700 quid 70KG plus

2. Junk that your heel will will do more compaction with. (evolution included)

They are just one tool that you can't make cheaply by there very nature they try to constantly shake themselves to bits so have to be well made.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back