What a difference 7 months makes!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just popped on to see what's changed since I've been away.

I've been gone just about seven months and when I left ...

1. Petrol was £109.9 per litre and me old mate Joe was ranting on about oil like it was down to the last Worldwide barrel :LOL:

2. VAT was 17.5%

3. We actually trusted our banks to manage our money safely.

4. GW Bush was still out hunting for weapons of mass destruction (and finding F*** all).

5. El Gordo was telling us all how buoyant the British economony was and what a bright future we all had to look forward to.

And here we are 7 months or so later and ...

1. Got off the plane and filled the tank at 87.7 pence a gallon saving almost £15 from when I did the same before I left :eek: ... And Joe's gone all quiet about the lack of supply ... Hmmmnnnn :LOL:

Actually, looking through recent posts, Joe seems remarkably quiet generally ... As he finally got himself a life?

2. VAT is now 15% ... Does EL Gordo actually think that this is going to make any difference at all and that Mr and Mrs public are going to be encouraged to spend when their jobs are at stake ... What a moron :rolleyes:

3. WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THE BANKS :eek:

4. We now have the first black US President ... Let's hope he does a better job than the UK's first woman prime minister or New Labour's first prime minister! ... How about this for a classic marketing opportunity by some clever person at Veet ...

:LOL:

5. The f***ing country's officially in recession ... And still the mentally deficient British public will vote for these morons.

Suffice to say, I cannot believe how much cr@p has happened in the relatively short time I've been away ... Let's hope things pick up now I'm back in the UK :LOL:

Good to see most of the knowledgeable posters are still here ... Keep it up guys.

Regards

MW

Sponsored Links
It's sooooo refreshing, given all the change that has happened since I've been away, that this place is EXACTLY the same :LOL:

Thanks Watta DIK for making me feel at home ;)

MW

Sponsored Links
Nope, but what I do know is that when I read his username, for some reason the first "t" seems to want to jump back two places.
Hmmnnnn ... A new uneducated f***wit trying to be funny :rolleyes:

MW

I think someone a while back said that there havn't been any locked posts for a while......well :LOL:

Hi Shy, good to see you're still going strong ... And Tim too (now there's an old fart Disinfo :LOL: ).

The travelling was excellent and I'm glad Mrs MW talked me into it ... We were meant to be back in the UK in November but got off at Miami and spent two months travelling around the US before doing the Caribbean element and then coming home.

Saw some great places and met some lovely people of all Nationalities and, most of all I guess ... Relaxed and recharged the OLD batteries :LOL:

I can't really say I was in a rush to get back to the UK (which was unexpected and surprised me as I love holidays but usually can't wait to get back after a fortnight) but it is good to be back in the home and close to family and friends.

And, of course, to be able to contribute to the post locking rate here ... Tim ... Shame on you ;)

Talking of which ... Where is me old mate Josef?

MW

Sponsored Links
Back