What a man!

Getting back to the God theory, let me elaborate a bit.

Imagine a large bubble, not made of soap or glass, but a pure energy bubble. This bubble sits in a complete void. Outside of time or space, the absolute definition of nowhere.

Now for reasons known only to itself, this energy bubble decides to utilise some of its energy to make a billion tiny little galaxies. In each of those galaxies is a billion stars. Many of those stars have planets around them. One particular star has a planet named earth that is for whatever reason populated by hominids.

No-one on this little planet knows why or how they are where they are - just that they are.

The thinking people on that planet realise that they (and everything else inside that bubble) must have been manufactured by the energy bubble from its own fabric. They haven't a clue why - but it is clear that they have been. This energy bubble creates everything that can ever exist and will ever exist. This bubble has always existed as it is the only energy in this or any other universe. It could never be created, and it can never be destroyed. There's absolutely nothing on the outside of it so there is nowhere it could have come from. It is absolute in every sense of the word.
So in a nutshell. We don't know why we are in this bubble or why the bubble decided to start our little animation off - but we know that is where we are. We are part of a system - and will always be part of that system.
The system is far too complex for our finite and primitive minds to understand. Just as you can't teach a dog the rules of chess, neither can man be taught the laws of the absolute. Science has no answers as it only deals with what happens inside that bubble. It can't deal with what happens outside - because there is no outside - yet something is calling the shots. For want of a better name - lets call that something God.

Sponsored Links
Of course, all religions are just guesswork and stories made up by people who said what seemed like a good idea at the time.

Very nice story Joe (other than the lack of ... Once upon a time at the start).

It falls a little short of truth though at ...

The system is far too complex for our finite and primitive minds to understand.
1. We don't know the boundaries therefore we have no idea of the complexity.
2. Whilst our minds may be relatively primitive they won't always be.
3. Who knows the limit of our finite minds?

Just as you can't teach a dog the rules of chess, neither can man be taught the laws of the absolute.
More supposition.

Science has no answers as it only deals with what happens inside that bubble.
Ditto

It can't deal with what happens outside - because there is no outside
Ditto

Yet something is calling the shots.
:?:

For want of a better name - lets call that something God.
Call it what you like but it doesn't make it so nor does it give me the urge to get down on my knees and pray to it.

MW

Sponsored Links
You don't have to pray to it, but you can't deny that there is only one energy source in the universe. What do you call that energy source, mega?

Of course, all religions are just guesswork and stories made up by people who said what seemed like a good idea at the time.
Indeed.

A JK Rowling of the day!

There is a need in some people to have something to believe in and religion fits the bill.

Flying and golf do it for me.

MW

You don't have to pray to it, but you can't deny that there is only one energy source in the universe. What do you call that energy source, mega?
I certainly can and will until someone proves it to be so.

I've just proved it. What do you call it?

Balenza wrote (almost legibly):
What you were informed off? ... Some tangible please and stop making a fool of yourself

And also:
Its certainly true that a lot of conflict has its roots in religion but most conflicts and wars are a result of greed for resourses.

Kettle, pot and errrrmmmm ... Oh yes Black :!:

And you think I won't be taken seriously ... You obviously dropped out of Sunday school ... Oh dear. :rolleyes:

MW

Cheap shot mega.
The edit facility seemed to disappear from my screen so I am not entirely at fault. ;)
Anyway I was just off for a five mile walk in the last hour.
What have you been doing ?.
OOh yes ,stuck in front of your computer screen arguing in cyber world. :LOL: :LOL:

What is it that you think you've proven Joe?

Balenza: I'm not too sure of the relevance of your question to this thread but, as you seem interested in my well being, I was flying a friend down to Toulouse to collect her new aircraft.

No sign of God at 25,000 feet :LOL:

MW

Sponsored Links
Back