What a man!

Sponsored Links
I find some of the posts on this thread a little odd.

I would say that many of the major conflicts which have taken place have religion as their major causal factor.

They may present differently due to the era they appear in but religion would be somewhere in the mix.

I think this is what Mega is saying.

They may present differently due to the era they appear in but religion would be somewhere in the mix.

religion will be in the mix, because people are in the mix.

they are still fighting over territory. the majority of the time those people fighting happen to be from different religious backgrounds.

but not always. people from the same faith have fought against each other over territory.

It's all to do with primitive tribalism. Groups of apes are always at loggerheads with their neighbours. It's nothing to do with the gorillas being catholics.

It's the same in the present day. Rival football fans fight because it is their tribe over another. However, when England play they all group together and fight the opposing foreign team. Just tribalism.
Neighbours fight over disputed boundaries, but if world war breaks out - they stand together. Just tribalism.

No wonder multiculturalism is doomed from the start.

Btw Mega. Einstein knew a thing or two about science - but he was a believer in God.
Guess he was a dipstick too?

Sponsored Links
Yes, Esra that was what I was attempting to say :LOL:
Don't waste your time attempting to have any form of debate with these 3 guys its a pointless exercise.

Balenza wrote:
If you had any understanding of religion and its teachings you would have a much more understanding viewpoint.
Still making assumptions I see ... Just because someone makes an informed decision that religion is total nonsense they don't understand it or are wrong :rolleyes:

Joe-90 Wrote:
Btw Mega. Einstein knew a thing or two about science - but he was a believer in God.
Guess he was a dipstick too?
You're doing it as well ... I don't recall saying anywhere that the 2 things are mutually exclusive?

God didn't show his face on the golf course BTW ... Matchplay victory 5 & 4.

Atheists 1 Christians 0

MW

megawatt wrote

Just because someone makes an informed decision that religion is total nonsense they don't understand it or are wrong

I doubt very much that you are informed. :rolleyes:

That sounds a bit fishy to me?

But anyway its true Einstein was a religious man but is that relative?

Balenza wrote:
I doubt very much that you are informed.
Since you know absolutely nothing about me or my background this is simply more Balenza nonsense based on ... Oh yes, nothing tangible at all.

I guess its fortunate, in the interests of harmonious forum relations (and this thread not being locked), that I really couldn't care less what you think. :cool:

megawatt wrote

99% of the conflict in the World today has its roots in religion of one faith or another so please don't try and tell me we are better off for it.

And then he wrote..............

simply more Balenza nonsense based on ... Oh yes, nothing tangible at all.

I suppose the megawatt nonsense is based on something tangible. :rolleyes:
Can you please explain why you think the world would be a better place without religion and not just make sweeping statements to justify your infidel stance.

As I've already said to Esra there's little point attempting to have a debate with you over this as it won't go anywhere further than where we already are ... Which is ... Nowhere.

The simple fact is that I believe religion to be futile and the cause of much suffering the World over (a belief I am fully entitled to) and you don't, such is life.

Now why don't you get back to your bible and take a look at Ephesians 4:2 ... You really do need it.

MW the Infidel.

Sponsored Links
Back