What a massive tool

Labour are always popular when they're not in power, and get more popular every year as the memories fade and innocent new voters some along thinking "Wouldn't it be nice if everyone was nice?", and "Why do people keep voting for the nasty party?", and "Pass me the spliff, man".

When they get in, we'll soon get back to the good old days of authoritarian power, massive taxes, thought control and war crimes.
We are there and have been for a lot of years. I will admit that since blurr days labour has been more tory than the tories.

Sponsored Links
NHS spending is currently at a record high, even allowing for inflation.

The myth of "NHS cuts" is pure labour lies.

The NHS needs massive reforms before it swallows all the country's money. Sadly many are blinded by the pseudo-religious status it seems to have, where criticising it in any way means you apparently want to kill everyone's granny and have the sort of stupidity they have in the USA.

We need a grown-up debate about the NHS, but this will never be possible while people are so emotional about it and believe the lies that labour tell them.

Can you substantiate your claims?

I chaired a meeting yesterday and closed it by saying along the lines of 'thanks guys, enjoy the rest of your day.' The meeting was attended by males and females.

It crossed my mind shortly afterwards that if one of attendees had taken offence at my use of the phrase 'guys' I could have found myself in a spot of bother!

In Spanish and Italian, if you have 100 females and 1 (one) male in a room, they will all be refered to as male. Chicos and Regazzi. I would imagine that other Latin languages work the same way.

Sponsored Links
In Spanish and Italian, if you have 100 females and 1 (one) male in a room, they will all be refered to as male. Chicos and Regazzi. I would imagine that other Latin languages work the same way.

In French, if you have however many women and one female dog then collectively as a group they are male. This is because the word for dog, (le) chien, is male in gender regardless of the dog's actual gender. In a group of anything that is mixed male and female, male always takes precedence.

English has its issues but, thankfully, randomly assigning male or female to objects isn't something we have to waste brain cells remembering. At school I was learning French and German at the same time, the same object is male in one language and female in another. It's utterly stupid and completely pointless, I don't know why they've never just decided to do away with one or the other gender for all objects from new year's day one year.

Humans definitely have a gender though. There are exceptions, but that doesn't mean that the other 99.x% need to pretend they're not one or the other.

But you'd be strung up for calling a group of mixed females chicas or ragazze? The signore and damas wouldn't appreciate it!

Maybe you're old enough to get away with it?

In French, if you have however many women and one female dog then collectively as a group they are male. This is because the word for dog, (le) chien, is male in gender regardless of the dog's actual gender. In a group of anything that is mixed male and female, male always takes precedence.

English has its issues but, thankfully, randomly assigning male or female to objects isn't something we have to waste brain cells remembering. At school I was learning French and German at the same time, the same object is male in one language and female in another. It's utterly stupid and completely pointless, I don't know why they've never just decided to do away with one or the other gender for all objects from new year's day one year.

Humans definitely have a gender though. There are exceptions, but that doesn't mean that the other 99.x% need to pretend they're not one or the other.

If you asked for le pain and you got lapin?

EAsy in kraut - o_O
das Madchen. girl. Neuter
Die Person. person. Feminine
Der Transsexuelle (person) Masculine
Die Transe. tranny (person). Feminine

The same as in English? A dog can be either male or female, but if you need to distinguish between the sexes, you say dog, or bitch.

The same as in English? A dog can be either male or female, but if you need to distinguish between the sexes, you say dog, or bitch.
Point missed, by a mile.

"The dog" in French is "le chien", "le" means male, regardless of whether the dog is actually male or female. All dogs are male in French even if female, unless you're specifically describing their gender.

All objects in the world were seemingly randomly decided to be either male or female at some point in history. Everyone in most European languages has to remember whether every object in the world is male or female if they want to talk about them without looking stupid. This genderisation isn't even consistent across languages - objects that are male in one language are female in a neighbouring country's language. It's idiotic.

It's not the object that has a gender in e.g. French/German etc., it's the word itself. Slightly difficult concept to get your head around at first.

From the thread title I thought this was about me.

Looking at the article, it sounds a lot like the fate that probably awaits the entire country once Starmer and co take over.

The current lot are terrible, but things are likely to get very weird after the next election.

I don't actually think that's true.

Indications are that Starmer is starting to follow the Tony Blair playbook or even taking direct guidance from him in dialling back or marginalising the more fringe left wing elements of the Labour party.

I don't actually think that's true.

Indications are that Starmer is starting to follow the Tony Blair playbook or even taking direct guidance from him in dialling back or marginalising the more fringe left wing elements of the Labour party.
My interpretation is that there are 3 wings of the labour party...

1. The unionised working class lefty types - the people who the party was founded to represent.
2. The middle-of-the-road career politicians who don't really represent anything (e.g. Blair and Starmer).
3. The politically correct thought police who cry like babies about everything they think may offend someone.

It appears that those of type 1 are being systematically eradicated, e.g. Corbyn and allies. It's becoming a mix of types 2 and 3, i.e. politics and nonsense, and is completely turning its back on the working class it once represented.

I don't think that booting out the lefties is likely to result in there being less lesbo-trans-whatever influence, in fact the clearout of lefties is more likely to leave these with this mindset with more power, not less.

My interpretation is that there are 3 wings of the labour party...

1. The unionised working class lefty types - the people who the party was founded to represent.
2. The middle-of-the-road career politicians who don't really represent anything (e.g. Blair and Starmer).
3. The politically correct thought police who cry like babies about everything they think may offend someone.

It appears that those of type 1 are being systematically eradicated, e.g. Corbyn and allies. It's becoming a mix of types 2 and 3, i.e. politics and nonsense, and is completely turning its back on the working class it once represented.

I don't think that booting out the lefties is likely to result in there being less lesbo-trans-whatever influence, in fact the clearout of lefties is more likely to leave these with this mindset with more power, not less.
Only a little biased then

Sponsored Links
Back