What about this tool box?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've noticed this tool box on ebuyer.

Looks very similar to the Stanley mobile chests, but with a useful workbench vice.

Not bad for £17.50, but I wonder if all the wood chips and sawdust will cover all the tools below?

R0133297-01.jpg

Sponsored Links
shouldnt worry, looks like it will fall to bits before the woodchips hit it!

There doesn't appear to be anywhere for the user to place a foot to brace this, or hold it down to the floor while it's being used.

So it can't function as a useful workbench, and it doesn't look much use as a toolbox either.

It just looked a bit useful for jobbers who may need to have their tools and a vice, instead of their tools and a workmate.

Admittedly though, I have a couple of the similar Stanley chests and we do lots of cutting/standing/supporting etc on the lid without needing the vice jaws

I got one of the larger tool chest from ebuyer - its a knock-off of the Stanley 24 gallon chest. Great for throwing all the odd gear and power tools in and not bad for £18.50 instead of the £50 for the Stanley one

Sponsored Links
I've noticed this tool box on ebuyer.

Looks very similar to the Stanley mobile chests, but with a useful workbench vice.

Not bad for £17.50, but I wonder if all the wood chips and sawdust will cover all the tools below?

R0133297-01.jpg

Woody, stop buying sh*te.

Now this is a proper clamp
http://tooltray.com/ViewProduct.asp?i=160881

The jaws reverse and will hold a door with ease.

He he, I can't help it, I keep hearing these voices "must buy ****e, must buy ****e"

But I did resist venturing to the dark side on this occasion - I could see the possible pitfalls.

But next time, I may not be so lucky :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back