What age are these fittings?

Sponsored Links
At a guess, older than you but younger than me!!

Look like industrial sodium lighting(?)

At a guess, older than you but younger than me!!

Look like industrial sodium lighting(?)
Yes, old Holophane PrismPack, which from the various lables and some googling appear to be Mercury Vapour fittings with Metal Hilide conversion lamps (GE Kolorarc). Certainly, the light is white.

Ive aquired 20odd off them for £50 after they have been made redundant but Im just curious to try and date them.

Daniel

Sponsored Links
post a pic of the ballast capacitor and ignitor if fitted that may date them, may even have the date stamped on the ballast.

The ignitors would have been added newer if as you say they were mercury{no ignitor needed} and now M/H {ignitor needed}

One thing though, but not trying to worry you, some of the old 1960 type lighting capacitors leaked a substance which i think is now banned in uk, but personally i dont think them fittings are that old to worry about that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back