What amp fuse for a fridge freezer

Surely the fuse value in the plug or FCU is dependent on the CSA of the flexible cable! 0.75mm² means 5A, 1.0mm² 10A and 1.25/1.5mm² 13A. However, as 0.75mm² is rated for 6A continuous, I would suggest that a 7A fuse would be acceptable to allow for inrush currents which might degrade a 5A fuse, and cause premature failure

Sponsored Links
Are you talking about a 'frost-free' one?

Yes, and the cooling elements are tucked away at the back of the compartment, with an air outlet at each shelf level. What I fail to understand the logic of, is running the air circulation fan, when the temperature is rising, and the compressor not running..

Yes, and the cooling elements are tucked away at the back of the compartment, with an air outlet at each shelf level. What I fail to understand the logic of, is running the air circulation fan, when the temperature is rising, and the compressor not running..
I would imagine that .... even if the compressor is not running, the coils/fins will remain very cold for quite a while, so air blown over them (and into the cavity) will be pretty cold, and therefore will cool the ('warming') cavity - but, as I said, only if the door is closed; if the fan were on with door open, that cold air (and other cold air already within the cavity) would be blown out into the room.

Kind Regards, John

Our frost free, and for that matter our previous FF, the heater element is in the 'plate' inside the back of the fridge compartment and the melt water runs into a gutter and drains out via a tube to evaporate in a tray on the warm compressor.

Sponsored Links
Our frost free, and for that matter our previous FF, the heater element is in the 'plate' inside the back of the fridge compartment and the melt water runs into a gutter and drains out via a tube to evaporate in a tray on the warm compressor.
Are you talking about 'frost' inside or outside of the cavity?

Kind Regards, John

Whats all this about, whack a 13 amp in it, enjoy the cold food and never worry about it ever again.

So that the box temperature changes uniformly and the refridgeration kicks back in at the appropriate time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back