What are acceptable tiling times?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently completed my first major tiling project which i done alone I had to tile an entire bathroom, floor and ceiling, using 28x36 tiles, with a mosaic border in the middle. It took me 5 days to complete the tiling, which to me felt a bit slow. I used BAL powdered adhesive and mixing this stuff was probably the hardest part of it all!

The room was 3 metres x 2.8 meteres wide, and about 2.5 heigh.

How long (on average) would a competent/regular tiler take to do this?

Sponsored Links
I had to tile an entire bathroom, floor and ceiling, using 28x36 tiles,
You tiled a ceiling with 28x36 tiles :eek: ; what was the tile base? I hope you left the customer with a hard hat :confused:

How long (on average) would a competent/regular tiler take to do this?
Difficult to say without seeing how much cutting is involved but I would say 3 days max (without the ceiling :LOL: ) 1 day for the floor & 2 days to tile & grout the walls.

You tiled a ceiling with 28x36 tiles :eek: ; what was the tile base? I hope you left the customer with a hard hat :confused:

lol sorry my error, i meant walls! i did not tile the ceiling thank god!

What kind of job did you make? That's the main thing.

Sponsored Links
and was the charge to the customer resonable?
baring in mind now others have said you took a wee bit long??

if your only 50% up to speed your day rates should 55% less
the customer shouldnt be paying you to learn :cry:

Customer seemed happy with the way the tiling looks as do i. Looks pretty much spot on. I didnt charge her a lot, in fact half of what someone else quoted her. I charged 300 for the tiling, walls and floor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back