What are people paying for battery changes panel and wireless devices?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So yesterday a builder/ sparky referred a potential new customer to me due to his issue with his system, the wireless system is two years old, so advised his batteries will need changing soon before they start to fail and the back up battery in the panel should be fine.

It was immediately obvious that he thought it was too expensive at the rate advised (17 batteries), tried to offer me some batteries they already had laying around.

Location is 20 miles away 30 mins travelling in good traffic, 2 hrs in bad traffic.

8 of which are in a bell box, 4 in a keypad and rest in detection devices around the home.

Now I have been looking around at openly displayed prices and find out I am cheaper than all the ones I could find.

So interested what people are being charged around the country and obviously it be great for some more localised information but that maybe unrealistic.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
£5 for one cr123? Pack of 10 Panasonic on Amazon £12.75, £1.28 each free delivery.
How much you paying for a cr123?
You use a branded name?

£2 a battery seems fair to me but I’m no business man.

Don't use Panasonic don't rate them to be honest, there are 3 types of battery CR123A we prefer Duracell, Lithium AA 1.5V prefer energizer, and Varta for 3V CR2450.

I guess its how you break down the charges, been told he can get it cheaper elsewhere but wont provide a written quote for proof so I would be surprised if the price is cheaper overall and like I say I have looked around.

Steve really asking for prices people are being charged fitted and device tested not for an opinion based on price you can buy a battery for. So closest price to me I have seen charge the same per battery but the fee is nearly 40% more before VAT.

For Example I tend to fit Yuasa rather than Yucel (a Yuasa brand), the prices to buy these differ from supplier to supplier and Yuasa are more expensive than Yucel. The Yuasa batteries appear to last longer than the Yucel when tested annually.

I guess where I come from is that anyone can replace a battery but do it properly is another matter.

Had a few customers attempt to service there own systems and ended up having to get us out to sort things properly.

Seen a few melted devices as horror stories from other installers where some batteries were incorrectly installed or wrong type used and devices have been damaged or worse melted.

I don’t rate the Panasonic ones either normally fit Duracell and charge £5 if they don’t like it go elsewhere ....most customers are ok with this ... what they don’t realise is that you carry these items ..

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back