what are the risks

toffee said:
still, he is going, and is packed already!
any one got any spare prozac?? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Think about how full of it he will be when he gets back, think about how he would be if his pals went but he didn't.

No-one said it was easy to be a parent! :eek: :D

Sponsored Links
People worry too much these days. I mean, the thing about not putting your kid's name in their coats and clothes - what a load of old crap. My name was always in my coat at school :oops: but i never got kidnapped - neither did any of my friends. And when i lost my coat once, it was very useful that it was identifiable as mine!

The chances of your kid loosing their coat are far far far far x100000000 greater than someone using the name in the collar as a tool to lure your kid into their car. In fact, has this ever happened? Or was it just made up by some schitzo parent who keeps their poor kid on a lead in public and teaches them at home and never lets them go out and play?

So write their name in! Fact is, paedophiles even manage to get work IN SCHOOLS, despite more security measures than ever being in force in schools!

My honest opinion? You should loosen up a little. I had my face and name in the paper a few times when i was at school, and again, nothing ever happened to me. I loved seeing the article with mine and my mates' faces on it, it was like highlight of the year kind of stuff!

(though the news reporter was always this old bloke with hearing problems and spelt my surname a number of ways, including kraft, croft, raft, coft, you get the picture - my username gives a clue as to my actual surname, how it should be spelt)

I didn't know this stuff about not putting names in coats or newspapers. Sounds like a load of b******s to me.
My youngest son is 10 and has his name in his 2 school fleeces. The fact that his name is in them has saved us approximately £9,724 in buying new ones each time he leaves one somewhere. :D
He loves having his pic in the paper at the beginning or end of the local footie season.

I used to have my gloves on a piece of wool threaded through the arms of my coat so I wouldnt lose them :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Sponsored Links
toffee said:
I used to have my gloves on a piece of wool threaded through the arms of my coat so I wouldnt lose them :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I'm glad you were able to let go at last. I hope that next winter you will feel confident in just keeping your gloves in your pockets when you take them off.

Bomber127 said:
At the end of the day they will be liable for anything that may go wrong and from the brief look I've had at the project its a worldwide effort.
Hm. Personally I don't find the volume of schools and children involved to be any comfort.

Regarding liability, I agree that such a responsibility may well encourage the organisers to pay extra heed to their duty of care, but I can't help considering the lorry-on-a-zebra-crossing analogy - if I linger on a ped crossing with a 13-ton artic bearing down on me, should I not run out of harm's way, instead of standing there knowing that the truck driver will be liable for maiming or killing me?

toffee said:

Lol, I had the same when I was little, the horrible kids used to grab them and tear them off all the time tho... :cry: , must have driven my mother mad sewing them back on all the time, lol

Softus said:
if I linger on a ped crossing with a 13-ton artic bearing down on me, should I not run out of harm's way, instead of standing there knowing that the truck driver will be liable for maiming or killing me?

Hmmm, good point, how fast can you run?

I think that rather than worry about exaggerated media scare stories, I'd be more concerned about what information schools are recording about our kids on the 'child database', or the increasing number of schools that are now requiring fingerprints to borrow books etc..!

Hm. I consider myself, prudent; cautious even. But worrying about a school database - that's paranoia.

paranoia....lol

Im here ..lol :) :)

dont let mossad near your kids ..lol..lol :)

Softus said:
Hm. I consider myself, prudent; cautious even. But worrying about a school database - that's paranoia.
maybe you ought to read about it and become better informed then.... :LOL:

What a load of cobblers. I know 3 (now women) who were abused as children. One by the Uncle. One by the Grandfather and one by the Stepfather. If you want to keep your kids safe keep them away from male family members (no pun intended).

joe

Softus said:
Better informed than who?
seems pretty obvious..!

reference to a 'school database' doesn't exactly enhance your accusation of 'paranoia', when it's actually the governments 'child database'..

have a 'google' you may find it interesting... :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back