What are these boilers like please, Ideal Icos HE18 Boiler

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
in all fairness, yes its not the greatest boiler in the world, but this being the heat only variant that ish1te released at the time, it has less to go wrong. I look after quite a few that have only had 1 or 2 breakdowns in 5-7 yrs. The main problem is the risk factor....the risk the pcb will blow(high risk and expensive(circa£300), and the risk the heat exchanger will fail(medium risk and pretty much new boiler time). ............ its a bit like buying a rubbish second hand car, if you can get a few years out of it problem free your onto a winner...but be prepared to skip it when things start going wobbly

probaly, along with its brother the isar, the worst pair of boilers made in the last 20yrs.

i've worked on this boiler or years this is not like the isar at all
this is ok provided its serviced properly
a new pcb occasionally but main problem or me is connex connections on low and return pipes leak a lot
mainly system components not the boiler cause most o my calls

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back