What are you watching on TV right now?

I am getting near the end of Breaking Bad's last season.

Currently binge watching Star Trek season 4.

Sponsored Links
I have hardly looked at the telly over Christmas, but one film I did watch was "Man about the house", a feature film of the TV series. One thing that annoyed me was the cutting of characters, as the credits listed Rudolph Walker and Jack Smethurst-the stars of "Love thy Neighbour" who would have appeared in the scenes at Thames TV studios, but they were nowhere to be seen, cancelled-the pair of them.

I have hardly looked at the telly over Christmas, but one film I did watch was "Man about the house", a feature film of the TV series. One thing that annoyed me was the cutting of characters, as the credits listed Rudolph Walker and Jack Smethurst-the stars of "Love thy Neighbour" who would have appeared in the scenes at Thames TV studios, but they were nowhere to be seen, cancelled-the pair of them.

What you mean they cut their scenes out of the film?

What you mean they cut their scenes out of the film?
They didn't appear in the film when I watched it. Not sure what scene they were in, but a bit was set in Thames TV studios, they had Spike Milligan being daft in the corridor where the changing rooms are, I guess it would have been about then. Though there is also the chance that I nodded off while they were on.

Sponsored Links

I'm a fan of those old comedy films too. Carry Ons plus spin-offs from the series' - On The Buses, Steptoe & Son, Rising Damp, Likely Lads, etc, etc. Golden era for uncomplicated comedies that still raise a laugh.

Just flicked on to ITV 3, Victoria Wood singing The Ballad of Barry & Freda, many tears, laughter, nostalgia & sadness

I've just watched a film called "Black Torment" on the excellent Talking Pictures channel. It was a horror set in Devon in the 18th century.

The film was made in Britian in 1964. Some critics might pan it for hammy acting and technical shortcomings, but for me it was a genuine artefact. If a film about 18th century goings-on in Devon were made in 2021 it would most probably be American-made and the dialect would contain such words as "guys" and "OK" and everyone would be running around yelling "what the F**K". If we were really unlucky it would be made by the BBC, in which case many of the characters would be black and would espouse anti-slavery and anti-British opinions; and some of the female characters would be lesbians proving they could make it in a male-dominated world.

For being a representation of the true reality give me a British film made in 1964 about Britain in the 18th century over anything made about the subject by present-day Americans or the BBC.

Last edited by a moderator:
For being a representation of the true reality give me a British film made in 1964 about Britain in the 18th century over anything made about the subject by present-day Americans or the BBC.
It sounds like you're a big fan of Robin Hood, King Arthur, Carry On....., Jekyll and Hyde, Tarzan, Dracula, St Trinians, Greyfriars, Sherlock Holmes, etc.
All so true to reality. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Give me a thanks or I will tell you what happens to Walter ite :)
Tell away, I have finished it, Camarino and better call Saul.

Took a while but it's all done now.
Season 2 of the Witcher is next. :)

Tell away, I have finished it
pizzaroof.gif

Sponsored Links
Back