What are you watching on TV right now?

Just watch a bit of tv doc I guess. Nasty, dirty, stinking house with several dogs in it. The council had sent in fumigators as neighbours had complained.
From my experience via work at time you could approach a house that looked passable on the outside and the inside but the stench of dog/s that had not been washed regularly was horrendous.

Sponsored Links
I've just found Freevee on the Fire. I don't subscribe to Prime, but you don't need to - this is free TV and films, but with ads. It began at the start of the month.

Watching 'The Falklands Play' on it - quite good. Just two quick ads, in occasional breaks.

Last edited:
Texas in concert with BBC Scottish Symphony orchestra, Sharleen certainly has a good voice & stage presence :)

Respected opinion is that the greatest ever invention of mankind has been sewerage systems. 2nd place is debatable but I'd give 'crop irrigation' a strong case.

They say that the sewerage system has saved millions of lives. It's certainly saved mine on a few occasions!

In 1977 I worked for 3 or 4 months in Tel Aviv trying to scrape together the airfare back to London. It was a pleasant enough city but there was often the overriding smell of raw sewage. The sewers would regularly block and the smell would permeate the streets. Tel Aviv was a relatively new city, in Jerusalem, there was no such problems and they relied on a sewerage system built by the Romans.

Sponsored Links
We visited Herculaneum which had been buried in mud when Vesuvius erupted in AD79. It had a pretty decent sewerage system as far as I can remember.

Anyway, back on topic. Last night I binged the BBC comedy 'Here we go'. Not bad and certainly worth a watch.

Went to see Mum yesterday and watched Jacob Collier on iPlayer.

None of us had ever seen or heard about him. Yet the guy has 5 Grammys and has won one for each of his first four albums.

Well worth a watch.

Miami Grand Prix. It's in a car park and has a fake marina complete with fake water!

A2759A58-5EF7-4C7D-83CC-4A11AF74F3D1.jpeg

Went to see Mum yesterday and watched Jacob Collier on iPlayer.

None of us had ever seen or heard about him. Yet the guy has 5 Grammys and has won one for each of his first four albums.

Well worth a watch.

Saw that and looked up some of his other stuff. He's a musical genius, on a level or two "other" than mortals. Look out for a Youtube of him explaining harmony to different levels of musicians. The last one is Herbie Hancock, one of the masters, who says yeah yeah a lot and looks thoroughly bemused.:confused:
This, "broke" him.

--

Actually went to a cinema Sat, saw "Operation Mincemeat". Good old fashioned war story, close to being the whole truth. Worth a watch.

The book goes into more detail and is very good if you think you can manage 400 pages.

The book goes into more detail and is very good if you think you can manage 400 pages.

Back in the day, when my eyes worked, i could knock off 400 pages in a week. Since i watched the documentary about the subject i won't bother to watch the movie re-make: as Harry said, they've already made it in the '50s with John Mills? i think.

That is a remake, of an older film.

It's a retelling of the orignal facts. The one you mention "the man who never was" is more made up. There never was a "man who never was"!.
Having said that, there's some superfluous stuff like romance shoved in.
It leaves open a couple of things which we still don't know.

Back in the day, when my eyes worked, i could knock off 400 pages in a week. Since i watched the documentary about the subject i won't bother to watch the movie re-make: as Harry said, they've already made it in the '50s with John Mills? i think.

Same problem here - my eyes soon become tired, so much easier now, to just wait for the film, or listen to audio books.

Same problem here - my eyes soon become tired, so much easier now, to just wait for the film, or listen to audio books.

I can't get into audio books as someone else will read a book with different ways of interpretation that don't necessarily mirror the inner voice i use when i read. That's why i try to read a book before watching a film so the on-screen characters don't interfere with my reading of the narrative.
I mostly read as i answer the call of nature nowadays. The light in there is excellent. :p

That's why i try to read a book before watching a film so the on-screen characters don't interfere with my reading of the narrative.

A few years ago, I discovered the public libraries audio book loan service. I had read all of HG Wells whilst I was still at school, so decided to try the audio book versions - they were excellent, I had forgotten a lot of the fine detail in his writing. I always liked the fact that reading books, you get the opportunity to build up the scenery in your mind, versus having that all done for you in film. Audio books likewise allow your minds eye to run riot.

I mostly read as i answer the call of nature nowadays. The light in there is excellent. :p

I've never done that - I'm in and out at speed :)

Sponsored Links
Back