What are you watching on TV right now?

I seem to remember going to see one of The Beatles early films, but was dragged to see Cleopatra after going to see the launch of the British Admiral one of the biggest tankers in the world, my legs went to sleep

Sponsored Links
I seem to remember going to see one of The Beatles early films, but was dragged to see Cleopatra after going to see the launch of the British Admiral one of the biggest tankers in the world, my legs went to sleep

I did a boiler change in Hampstead 3 months ago & it turns out to be the inspiration for Goldfinger.
No 2 Willow Rd was 1 of 3 houses designed by a controversial Hungarian architect called Goldfinger. The houses are in a”brutalist” style, loads of concrete. Anyway the nextdoor neighbour (Ian Fleming) was writing a book & loved the name Goldfinger & used it as a character in his book. Goldfinger didn’t like that & took Fleming to court to stop him using hid name. Fleming, very angry said if I can’t use Goldfinger,I’ll call him Goldprick instead!!!
Any Goldfinger was used,the rest is history. This is the main staircase
B3F0314C-90A8-40D7-A1DA-1DD107E82C96.jpeg

Attachments

• 234A86B6-BD9A-4905-BC14-D4731CBB53B5.jpeg
    234A86B6-BD9A-4905-BC14-D4731CBB53B5.jpeg
    136.5 KB · Views: 69
I did a boiler change in Hampstead
Is that the house you spent £132.60 on parts for the boiler from toilet spares.co.U.K. :whistle:

When I was watching this as a 7 year old, it made me hold onto my winkie.

"Do you expect me to talk"
"No Mr Bond, I expect you to die"

66938F73-5FBA-43D1-A86B-EADFB897EAF5.jpeg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

Pre-TV's being common in the home, my mother was a big fan of the 'pictures'. I can't have been very old, but she took me along to see Disney's 'Snow White'. Apparently the witch scared the h@ll out of me, I screamed and my ice cream flew in the air all over the guy in front.

Last adult films I saw at the cinema, were 'Towering Inferno' in Holyhead and 'The Great Escape' in the Odeon Leicester Square - proper old style big screen cinemas back then. Then taking kids to see that fish cartoon film(?), in one of those multi-screen jobs. I wasn't impressed by the latter experience and haven't been since.

Adult films !! Hmmm

Not those sort of adult films :)

Talking Pictures reshows a lot of the series they used to show in the Saturday afternoon kids cinema - 'The Lone Ranger', 'Last of the Mohecans', 'Davy Crockett' etc.. I remember all the kids at school wearing those 'Davy Crockett hats the tail and thinking how very silly they looked.

Yep. That was the first cinema experience I remember. My second one was Mary Poppins!
Bedknobs and broomsticks one of my first..Junglebook.Fantasia..Then "Where Eagles Dare"...then "Planet of the Apes".Huckleberry Finn..Champion the wonder horse..Thunderbirds..Captain Scarlett.Marine Boy..Favs as a kid on TV.Batman and Robin.(.Kappow.!..).

Oh yes! My fave war film of that era. Broadsword calling Danny boy, Broadsword calling Danny boy"....
Lol...Still do not understand the plot!..not have a clue wheh I was about 10!

Lol...Still do not understand the plot!..not have a clue wheh I was about 10!
Basically, a fake allied general is 'caught' by the Jerries the U.K. send a team to rescue him. The team includes some suspected double agents and they get them to reveal who the top double agent is in the U.K. To save embarrassment for the government, they let him jump to his death from the plane bringing him home. Literally seen that film dozens of times.

Basically, a fake allied general is 'caught' by the Jerries the U.K. send a team to rescue him. The team includes some suspected double agents and they get them to reveal who the top double agent is in the U.K. To save embarrassment for the government, they let him jump to his death from the plane bringing him home. Literally seen that film dozens of times.
Finally! (y)

Clint looked a bit puzzled!

Sponsored Links
Back