What are your energy costs per kWh?

Just re-edited my amounts, when I revisited the bill, the amounts were different to previous ones posted

I can put the coffee machine back on now. ;)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Yes, thanks for your alert... I had a right old sweat on.... might be something to do with the 3 jumpers I've put on. :LOL:

Dont know but they have just dropped my direct debit from about 150 quid to 118 for both standard tariff not fixed

Sponsored Links
Dont know but they have just dropped my direct debit from about 150 quid to 118 for both standard tariff not fixed
The government are crediting every account with £400 over the next 6 months in roughly equal amounts so in fact the money they receive has gone up to £184 a month.

The government are crediting every account with £400 over the next 6 months in roughly equal amounts so in fact the money they receive has gone up to £184 a month.
yep i know that but im not paying that which is the main thing . Im also over 400 quid in credit coming out of the cheaper summer period

I've just read my gas meter, as I do every week, to feed the data into a spread sheet. My base gas load cost - standing charge, hot water for baths washing up etc. is around £5.50 per week - based on pre-October increase price.

By way of experiment, instead of using the central heating, I have been using the so far unused living room gas fire. It was installed new at the same time as the CH, simply as a backup for those occasions when the CH might fail.

Result of the experiment is that I have used the gas fire every evening, with door pushed to, not closed. Living room has often been warmer than I would normally have it, even on the 500w (judged by IHD) minimum setting of the fire. Cost has been a little over £1 for the entire weeks use, above base load cost. Temperature, which I continuously log, of the rest of the house never fell below 17.4C during the week.

For comfort, at the beginning of the week I swapped the summer quilt for the winter one and fitted the 90w under-blanket, set on max. That is plugged into a Smart Plug, so I can just tell Alexa to turn it on 20 mins before I retire, to pre-warm the bed. Must admit I have been warmer and more comfortable this week, than I would normally be, having the CH set to 18C for the entire day.

92p a day gas including standing charge for past 7 weeks thats hot water and bit of tumble dryer use and couple of nights with heating on this week

The average unit price for dual fuel customers paying by direct debit will be limited to 34.0p/kWh for electricity and 10.3p/kWh for gas, inclusive of VAT, from 1 October.

What if not paid by direct debit and also not dual fuel? - Some don't use both fuels and some prefer paying bills.

What about prepayment meters where what is used is directly paid for?

The average unit price for dual fuel customers paying by direct debit will be limited to 34.0p/kWh for electricity and 10.3p/kWh for gas, inclusive of VAT, from 1 October.

What if not paid by direct debit and not dual fuel? - Some don't use both fuels and some prefer paying bills.

Not just that but there is loads of people in sheltered accommodation who have there gas and electric as part of rent same as park homes the park pays the electricity and charges the individual properties through meters , There is currently inquiries going on on how to stop these people falling through the 400 quid payment net

What if not paid by direct debit and also not dual fuel? - Some don't use both fuels and some prefer paying bills.

They are all catered for by a variety of methods - nobody will miss out, unless they don't pay an energy bill.

My price from October BG

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221002-201337.png
    Screenshot_20221002-201337.png
    110.8 KB · Views: 31
What is the name of your tariff?

This is mine with BG..

They call it 'Welcome Together' for the customers they have picked up as a result of other companies failures..

Tariff costs do vary depending on the area you live in..

Electric...
Tariff typeVariable
Payment methodMonthly Direct Debit
Standard unit rate33.028p per kWh
Standing charge 49.546p per day*
Tariff ends on 31/03/2023
Exit fees (if you change supplier before the end date)Not applicable
Additional products or services included Not applicable

Gas..

Tariff typeVariable
Payment methodMonthly Direct Debit
Standard unit rate10.243p per kWh