What back up battery do I need for a Guardtec 595?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace the backup battery for a Guardtec 595 house alarm but can't find anywhere which one I need. Also any idea where I can get one ASAP from?

Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Technical Specifications GT595 Large Metal GT595 Polycarbonate/Metal
Voltage Input 230 VAC 230 VAC
Max Loop Resistance 2K (not with EOL) 2K (not with EOL)
Battery Sizes (Ah) 1.2 / 2.0 / 3.0 / 7.0 / 17.0 1.2 / 2.0 / 3.0 / 7.0
Quiescent current 150mA @ 12VDC 150mA @ 12VDC
Power Supply 2 Amp 1.2 Amp
Dimensions (HxWxD) 418x379x98mm 235x270x65mm
357x334x87mm (small Metal)
From this www.britishsecuritytechnologies.com/...alarm/Gardtec-595-Control-panel+family.pdf page it seems the installer has to select battery size according to load, I think you will find most are fitted with 7 Ah it seems to be a standard size for alarms.

A panel's battery is sized to its load to give back up for at least 8 hours in the event of a power cut.

They should be changed every 5 years, maximum.

Yours may well have the installation (or refit) date written on it, I used to do that and most other pro installers do as well.

http://www.hardwarexpress.co.uk/np7...ry-722-p.asp?gclid=CNyEmrnLpM0CFRUTGwod_ZQFwg

However, a word of warning.

Just because a panel can take a larger battery, does not mean it will fit.

Why?

Because sometimes there is so much wiring in the panel, there is less space for the battery.

Open yours up and see what size your battery is.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick response, panel was opened and now my Dads gone to find a new one for me!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back