What boiler do i need can you answer my problem

Sponsored Links
I saw one at EcoBuild a few years back. Which is where the Dutch HA story came up again. The rep dismantled one for me.

I don't get the bithermic heat exchanger story. It hasn't proved to be the answer in previous incarnations and, as far as I know, the same problems remain, because Dan is referencing the instructions for installations in a hard water area. The thing is, where the 'pros' recommend these units on here they don't mention the elephant in the room - limescale, and the precautions that are necessary.

Other UK boiler manufacturers use a plate because the temperature can be regulated on a modern condensing modulating boiler to reduce limescale.

The Netherlands do not have a hard water problem like much of the UK.

http://www.vewin.nl/SiteCollectionD...ewin_Dutch_Drinking_water_statistics_2012.pdf

And plates are a perfect solution? They never block up? They never pin hole?

We assume the person installing the unit is going to read the instructions. Is that unreasonable?

What don't you get about the heat exchanger? And comparing it to previous attempts of Bithermic units just proves ignorance.

There is some truth that earlier attempts at a bithermic hex didn't work well in the UK. It's also true that in 1837 Charles Babbage designed a machine that the technology of the time couldn't make a reality.

The key to both of the above problems is engineering. No one has made a bithermic hex with the same degree of engineering precision as ours, that's why we haven't had a failure in nearly 3 million units.

The patents on the boiler cover both the hex and the control software, properly set up they are no more susceptible to scale than a plate is

@simond Tell you what. I'm off for a couple of weeks but after I get back here's a genuine offer for you....

We have some boilers down at Steve Willis center at Burgess Hill that can't be far from you. Let me know when's convenient and I will come down and take you through the boilers. A one to one will take a couple of hours and if you still want to cane them afterwards at least you'll have actually been hands on first.

For the record I'm not a huge fan of WB but I think slagging them or any other make doesn't do anyone any good and I can understand why WB installers get hacked off with the constant bashing they get.

Let's all look good by being good, not by slating everyone else eh?

Sponsored Links
Razor, while you're around, what is the 130W power consumption on the heat only boiler? It sounds awfully high, though I see it is for full load only. However, even the part load consumption of 40w is relatively greedy.

Any Intergas fanboi able to answer the above? 130W makes for an expensive running boiler.

Probably the fan and pump as the boiler controls the pump.

Razor, while you're around, what is the 130W power consumption on the heat only boiler? It sounds awfully high, though I see it is for full load only. However, even the part load consumption of 40w is relatively greedy.

130w will be the fan.

2w standby consumption is pretty damn good.

How much energy do you think a domestic boiler fan spinning at 5000rpm should consume?

Another clueless googleer. :rolleyes:

Yea but the boiler controls the pump.
The boiler manufacturer wouldn't adopt any ancillary power consumption as their own, surely? In this day and age when running costs are more important than ever it doesn't look good when costing a new boiler considering other manufacturers boilers state much lower figures.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back