What boiler to avoid??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Going to need a combi boiler for our new loft conversion, 3 rads and a bathroom.

What reliable boilers should i be looking at and which should i avoid?
I really do not want to pay a huge amount and had around £700 in the budget to purchase it with but again want something that will not give me constant greif.

Any thoughts and recomendations would be welcome.

Sponsored Links
you'll need a bit more than 700 then

:)

i want a very stylish and immensely fast car, i want it to go at 200 mph and i want to get at least 50 to the gallon.

I also want it to entice saucy blonde ladies to lavish their attentions on me

but i only have a quid any ideas?

i

hahaha....A skoda will do the trick :D

Ok, could you recomend a decent mid range combi boiler and let ignore the budget for the time being.

Sponsored Links
Have a look at the Main 30eco. It's a decent boiler for a good price. If you want to spend a little more go for Vaillant. Either boiler will give you heating and hot water no problem so why pay more for the vaillant....?

The Main has all brass manifolds instead of plastic ones on the Vaillant and it also uses a Grundfos pump, not sure if the Vaillant does or not...

I would be more concerned with the quality of the installer, a boiler is only as good as the installation.
Cheap nasty boilers usually attract cheap nasty installers.
Its a bit like new cars, you cant buy a total dog anymore. You get what you pay for, budget/economy/quality.
Any boiler will last for years if installed and maintained correctly, just some last longer.

I would be more concerned with the quality of the installer, a boiler is only as good as the installation.
Cheap nasty boilers usually attract cheap nasty installers.
Its a bit like new cars, you cant buy a total dog anymore. You get what you pay for, budget/economy/quality.
Any boiler will last for years if installed and maintained correctly, just some last longer.

top advise

A cheap boiler does not nessarily equate to a bad installer ! many cheap or budget boilers are installed to the same standard as an expensive boiler's !

Fact is you can have a very good boiler , but with a carp manu , poor after sales , poor attitude ect ect !

boilers to avoid a few that spring to mind . Biasi Uk , not nessarily because there products are bad ?? but they have a poor attitude (IMO)

J&S Renos good company , but poor reliability on the electronics ! Ferroli just walk away , Ravenheat ! the mere mention of the name on some type of installers meeting causes laughter !

Fitted all the above at one time or another in significant numbers !

not fitted any of yet but the gloworm ultracom 2 looks a pretty good. and if it is any better than the origional ultracoms. then it should be a good boiler. p.s glowworm is part of the vaillant group. and use many of the same parts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back