What boiler to avoid??

Im also now looking at the Potterton Gold 28 HE.
Any comments on this boiler?

Sponsored Links
We only fit Vaillant, Worcester and Baxi but I am going to fit a Biasi soon, only in my own home to see what its's like but with a 5yr warranty and free timeclock and flue at present it would be rude not too give it a go.

Not a bad price either £549+vat but if you shop around you will get a Vaillant 824 for £700 - £750+vat.

Broag rehema 28 advanta Eco about £470 plus vat but need to get service valves and bits so about £500+vat good boiler with two year warrantee

Sponsored Links
Intergas Combi Compact HRE is a good boiler but you'll need more than £700

I would reccomend an Ideal Logic Plus.

I know that in the past Ideal combi boilers were not the best but these really are very well made and come with a 5 year warranty.

We pay £608 for boiler, £45 for flue and £110 for RF wireless programmer (plus VAT) from city plumbing.

We have fitted around 95 in the last 15 or so months and have had very few issues. We needed to get Ideal out twice and both times they were out next day and replaced the thermistors.

They are easy to fit, quiet and really easy to work on.

Just my opinion though.

All the best

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back