What Britain earns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
And good luck to them, they've been undervalued for so long in this country.

Next step ... Nurses, paramedics, fire and rescue, police.

What GP's get paid is between them and their PCT's as they are individual contractors and can negotiate whatever they like just like the rest of us.

If anyone disagrees with their pay structure write to your local PCT and MP rather than continually bleating on here about it.

The thing that surprises me on this forum is how little is understood about what GP's actually do, probably as a result of uniformed sensationalist postings by Joe-90 who, incidentally, has not accepted the challenge of answering my simple question to him.

They are the backbone of community heathcare responsible for the well being of large percentages of all local communities with chronic problems as Joe will no doubt find out to his annoyance as he gets older and more infirm ... Assuming he's not 90 already as I do sometimes wonder :LOL:

MW

No they don't. If you are sick they send you to the hospital. Surgery at the GPs means lancing a boil. Surgery at hospital means a heart transplant. If you really want to talk to someone who is scathing about GPs I suggest you talk to a surgeon or two.
They are way overpaid for what they do - and the rest of the health sector want the same deal. They were given too much money - and pocketed the surplus. At a time when nursing jobs are being re-graded and many facing pay cuts it must really grate on their nerves seeing what the good ol' GP is up to.

And they pay very little tax. They pay themselves a wage and invest the rest offshore in a tax-free haven.

Biggest bunch of crooks out there.

Sponsored Links
Your credibility on this post is fast approaching zero Joe (about 0.5% now) as you quite obviously know nothing at all about our healthcare system and are just content to make childish remarks and not answer questions you have been asked.

As I keep saying, all chronic illnesses are managed by GP's in the community (do you know the difference between chronic and acute illnesses?) and not in Acute hospitals.

Far more people suffer chronic illness in their lives than require surgery and aren't dealt with in hospital.

Who do you think manages these patients?

What happened to the "nobody will take Joe-90 on in a debate" nonsense? You've made no valid contribution to this topic at all and, if your not prepared to respond to posters questions, its easy to see why so many people ignore you.

MW

Meggawatt. All you are giving me is your opinion. In my opinion GPs are way overpaid. They sit in a comfy office doing precious little.
A Paramedic earns about £25k. A GP earns 5 times that amount.
At 3 in the morning a paramedic attends a RTA where a mother is killed and a 7 year old girl has her leg hanging off. Guess who I think should be earning more and who should be earning less.

Both (in my opinion) should be earning around £60K. One (the GP) for the years it took to get there and the other (Pmedic) for the horrendous jobs they have to attend all hours of the day and night.

I doubt many in the forum or elsewhere would disagree with that.

Since you are not prepared to answer any questions put to you Joe there's little point continuing.

Back on my ignore list you go.

Bye Bye

In other words, Megawatt slinks away into the background in defeat.

In other words, Megawatt slinks away into the background in defeat.

other words...
jefferey archer
sends sick people to ospikal.:oops:

this is one of those other words.

hoo hoo

im just of to ask a surgeon or two if they could be a little less scathing about GPs

i suppose you're composing a post with something about mrs mega being a GP

again :cry:

i suppose you're composing a post with something about mrs mega being a GP again :cry:

I just knew I was right. So she was a GP once then? Was she struck off?

[quote="joe-90";p="796187"A Paramedic earns about £25k. A GP earns 5 times that amount.

I doubt many in the forum or elsewhere would disagree with that.[/quote]

maths not your strong point it it PMSL

[quote="joe-90";p="796187"A Paramedic earns about £25k. A GP earns 5 times that amount.

I doubt many in the forum or elsewhere would disagree with that.

maths not your strong point it it PMSL[/quote]

No, sorry, they earn up to 10 times the amount, £250k per annum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back