What do you do......................

Anybody who says it's got nothing to do with ads is a numbskull.

Two things can help here..

1) Block Ads

and what most people miss..

2) Block those pesky social widgets

Adblocker will do both but you need to proactively set it up to do so.

1) Install Ad Block plus

Set it up to block the widgets and easiest way to do that is follow the instructions on many web sites. A good google search is 'block social widget' or something similar.

What you need to do is use the filter list here

https://monzta.maltekraus.de/adblock_social.txt

Should speed your system up a lot.

If you understand how the WWW works, and how browsers work, it makes sense.

Nothing you say makes sense.

It does though Joe,but I'll reserve judgement on whether it makes a difference to the speed.

Sponsored Links

I say it's got nothing to do with ads, because I already block all the annoying, broken, malware-ridden ads on the internet.

The site is just plain slow and breaks regularly.

I don't want to play devils advocate but chapeau maybe right,its the social media adverts he means I think, like twitter and facebook.I've followed his instructions and it is faster.

I don't want to play devils advocate but chapeau maybe right,its the social media adverts he means I think, like twitter and facebook.I've followed his instructions and it is faster.

Blocked too..

Sponsored Links

I say it's got nothing to do with ads, because I already block all the annoying, broken, malware-ridden ads on the internet.

Got everything to do with ads. Stop blocking them and see what happens to your internet browsing experience.

Got everything to do with ads. Stop blocking them and see what happens to your internet browsing experience.

Yes, it gets slower. Still doesn't change the fact that the server is crap.

Yes, it gets slower. Still doesn't change the fact that the server is crap.

Just had this come up,diynot server?

View media item 54220

I'm sure they're having problems with the server. Sometimes I click a topic or forum and the page opens and loads almost instantly, then the very next topic I click, I get the little arrow going round and round,,, and round,, and round,,, and round. Sometimes it's done this when going from page 1 to page 2 on the same subject.
Perhaps time Admin looked into replacing the Commodore 64 they're using. :D :D

A lot of these websites are hosted on Virtual Servers nowadays which basically means they share the actual machine with a bunch of other websites. You get more resource the more you pay. So it depends on how much DIYnot is stumping up. If they pay a load of cash they get a dedicated server but they don't come cheap.

Seeing as we pay nowt to discipline numb nuts like Joe, and the smart ones of us are blocking their ads, we can't really complain.

You'd need to look at the server logs to work out what's going on but for the 'cannot connect to database' there's sommat going on in DIYnot land.

.......in the time it takes the pages on DIYnot to load?

Make a cup of tea? Start a good book?

Is it just me, or maybe my computer, but is this the slowest site around? Sometines pages load instantly, but a lot of the time, I am waiting and waiting. Sometimes several minutes.

:confused:

I play Spider Solitaire for a bit!

I find DIYnot slows to a crawl from time to time despite my having Ad Block. Having said that, it hasn't happened yet tod...

not got anything blocked an only takes 2 seconds if that to load , occasionaly hangs a bit when posting replys

Sponsored Links
Back