What Do You Think, Right or Wrong Stop????

These days, you get police stopping people telling them they were going too fast and threatening prosecution when they don't have any hard proof.

You know times have changed because in the old days, you'd wind up in court and the cops would swear you were speeding and the judge would have your knackers on the chopping block.

Now, the courts demand proof, ie did the police car following the "speeding" car have a calibrated speedo?

I got arrested (yes, really!) after being followed by a copper who accused me of "going rather quickly round that bend". There followed a long convoluted conversation where I asked him what speed I should have gone round the bend at and what speed did he think I was doing?
And that really annoyed him because I implied he didn't know what speed I was doing, let alone be able to prove it. That was when he arrested me on suspicion of speeding.....!

That's when I called him an over-zealous pr!ck. He promptly threatened to arrest me under section 5, so I pointed out there was no one around to hear it save for him and as a cop, he couldn't be alarmed or distressed by bad language.

He kept me there as long as he could, then de-arrested me and left.

Don't get me wrong. I don't hate the police and I don't normally get arsey. But when they take the p!ss and try and stitch you up for stuff they have no proof of it really gets my goat.

Sponsored Links
I've had several "speed" related experiences with the police that resulted in no action without me being anything other than polite. Some just due to the car I was driving ;) as I am not rich any "desirable" car had to be old and that sort of car might get stopped for a variety of reasons.

Endorsements. Followed out of a 40 limit into a 30 and i didn't slow. Pointless arguing about their speedo. A motorway warning that a speed limit was ahead. Rather a long way past that it was suddenly 40mph shown on a sign on short poles. 2 motorway speed traps in Wales ; ;) all concealed around bends. So called safety camera van introduction. Those due to police not really caring about people doing 90mph on relatively empty motorways for rather a long period. That ended pretty quickly especially in Wales.

All over many years driving.

Barely a week goes by without a new social media video showing the police being overly aggressive, lying, offensive or performing illegal acts.
Stopping a guy in a coat on a hot day because they suspect that he may have a suicide vest underneath only needs to go as far as asking to be shown underneath the coat and upon seeing no suicide vest they have no reason to go any further than apologise and be on their way - but they would never do that - always wanting to push it further.

Sponsored Links
If I was a copper and saw black dudes in summer in puffers, low slung jeans and outrageous trainers, I would be inclined to stop them and offer fashion advice rather than searching.
Cop Wan

get it?

Cop Wan, it's a play on Gok Wan, get it?

Come on, this is tier 1 comedy!!!

I follow “black belt barrister” on YouTube
He took a look at the video and, while commenting that the video doesn’t show the whole encounter, he commented that it would be difficult for the police to defend their actions.
He commented that he was dressed in similar layers on that day while walking his dog.

Back