What Dying Is Like

also possibly the voiding of your bladder and bowels, again through muscles relaxing.
Don't think this happens,when the old man died he was in his favourite chair he was there a good 8 hrs before being found and there was no sign or smell of urine/excrement.

Sponsored Links
When you die, seconds later you lose 22 grams in weight, no one knows why - the believers say its your soul leaving your body.

How is it possible to know that?

Do they weigh people just before they die? I think not

Yeah, sorry from me for the way my original post went off the rails...
It was intended as a serious question, and i hope that not too many people were offended by it.

Sponsored Links
also possibly the voiding of your bladder and bowels, again through muscles relaxing.
Don't think this happens,when the old man died he was in his favourite chair he was there a good 8 hrs before being found and there was no sign or smell of urine/excrement.

Didn't happen with your father but it does happen.

ColJack It's non of those things which have been accounted for.

It's a strange phenomena, unexplained at present, but may well have a rational explanation. (or it may be complete tosh :LOL: )

Quantum entanglement??? who knows?

Soul, interesting, again don't know. Lot more to it than we think me guesses. (in a rather easy statement!)

I am sure the body loses 21 grams when the body dies and nobody is sure why ...there was a alleged experiment taken out numerous years ago where a doctor with consent of the patients monitored them as they was terminally ill and close to deaths door, apparantlyy they was put on a metal bed which was weighed with the patient throughout the process so any body fluids would also be accounted for and as soon as they passed away the weight loss was 21 gramms, no more no less but nobody could account for this and it is christian belief that its the soul leaving the body. Was a film made by tarantino called 21 grams based on this ??

apparently when you die you stop breathing , a side effect (apart from dying and sheer panic) of stopping oxygen getting to your brain is hallucinating.
this could explain pretty much everything.
:D

How is it possible to know that? Do they weigh people just before they die? I think not
They weigh you when you're born; both you and they weigh you during your life. So why does it seem odd for someone to be weighing some people when they die?

Are some people genuinly saying that a soul actually has a measurable weight? I must have missed the part where the soul was actually proven to exist as I assume somebody has seen one?

Complete nonsence.

Sorry folks, no heaven or sky daddy up there, the complications of there being such a thing are immense!

They weigh you when you're born; both you and they weigh you during your life. So why does it seem odd for someone to be weighing some people when they die?
But for what purpose, can't recall seeing anything regarding weight on either of my parents death certs.Unless the undertaker needs to know for strength of coffin? if they vary in quality.

But for what purpose, can't recall seeing anything regarding weight on either of my parents death certs.Unless the undertaker nees to know for strength of coffin? if they vary in quality.
Nor mine. I'm simply saying that one shouldn't be surprised to imagine that someone actually bothered to do a bit of research on this and built up a sufficient sample size to draw conclusions from.

Who knows, it may have come from reseach done by Nazi medics (an alarming amount of modern medical knowledge did come from their "research"). - Find the total weight of say 100 people prior to death on a weighbridge. Weigh them afterwards. Simple enough maths :confused:

I'm not condoning it, just stating that it's a possible source :confused:

22 grams has been mentioned as the weight loss,which is what in old money 3/4 ounce? hardly noticeable.But no doubt being sticklers at paper work some offical needs to know.

Sponsored Links
Back