What form

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Finishing off tomorrow a garage consumer unit with 1 mains radial and 1 lighting radial. It has been fed from a socket as a spur from a FSCU as they had just had new carpets fitted and dont want me ripping up floors to get a supply. My question is, is this an addition to an existing circuit and a MWork or as is my intention, an EIC as new circuits have been added from the garage CU.
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I have always issued an EIC to cover the new circuits fitted but was curious as to what others do or is the interpretation of what certificate is required. BC are usually happy with the EIC and have never raised an issue.

Sponsored Links
It has been fed from a socket as a spur from a FSCU as they had just had new carpets fitted and dont want me ripping up floors to get a supply.
You wonder how some people manage to remember where they work when they wake up, don't you.... :rolleyes:

Sounds a bit cack to me.....a consumer unit spurred off a ring final via a switched FCU :confused:

EIC as there is a new CU, however if the whole lot is connected via a 13A FCU, the consumer unit wasn't required and it could have been a MWC.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back