what glue to stick threshold bar down with?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought some threshold strips that have a pretty useless adhesive strip on them.
Already tried it and it failed within a day as the floor is concrete.

So I thought the next best thing is maybe a glue. No more nails, gorilla glue? etc..
I know some glues melt plastics, so what's the best option?
Any thoughts, suggestions appreciated..
Thanks in advance

threshold sticky.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Each to their own I suppose. In commercial work they are always screwed (for obvious reasons) but even in new build housing that's the only type/approach I've ever seen

never heard of it until now. looks good!
handy to have on the van(y)

Each to their own I suppose. In commercial work they are always screwed (for obvious reasons) but even in new build housing that's the only type/approach I've ever seen
i screw them down to timber floor normally. i refuse to drill concrete or screed though, since i went through a plastic central heating pipe that had no business being there.

So if sticking something and there is dust it won’t stick. So using primer or a mix of pva and water will help glue stick.

You screw down , the adhesive you referring too is to prevent flooring movement not to hold strip down.Flooring needs to be able to expand hence you can’t glue down safely.

Stixall you can put a pva mix down if you want. But otherwise make sure it’s dust free and stick the lot. Be careful it bites quite quickly. Great stuff very rarely use anything else. Hope this helps.

Hi Doran , this is the stixall.

Attachments

• 31BAFAD0-F9B3-49D9-98DB-117739EA0135.png
    31BAFAD0-F9B3-49D9-98DB-117739EA0135.png
    424.1 KB · Views: 501
If you have bought a "stick down" threshold bar then it is a cheap chinese knockoff. If it isn't a cheap chimese knockoff then it should be. Threshold bars should be screwed in place. That way big footed clod hoppers stand less chance of kicking it out of place.

If you have bought a "stick down" threshold bar then it is a cheap chinese knockoff. If it isn't a cheap chimese knockoff then it should be. Threshold bars should be screwed in place. That way big footed clod hoppers stand less chance of kicking it out of place.
Well Pete, don’t you think the Chinese have been blamed for enough without you adding your foot size to the problem, that could tip us all into war if we’re not careful.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back