What goes around comes around

B

Bodd

Good news I think. Its like fashion week.

When in the last week or so Diane Abbot has told us we cannot say coloured anymore. I have just learned that we are now ok to use the word Queer again.

SamSmith Is apparently Genderqueer.

Whats the group called Jason who declare what words we can an can no longer use until further notice.

Sponsored Links
I have just learned that we are now ok to use the word Queer again.
We always have been for as long as some people cling to the totally unacceptable notion that they have the right to use words about themselves which they deny to others.

Either they find the use of a word acceptable, or they do not. There must not be any discrimination against or in favour of a particular subset of users.

Sponsored Links
We always have been for as long as some people cling to the totally unacceptable notion that they have the right to use words about themselves which they deny to others.

Either they find the use of a word acceptable, or they do not. There must not be any discrimination against or in favour of a particular subset of users.

How does that square with "offensive" words used among friends?
One group of friends of mine (mates from school) still greet each other with "Bell!", "Bell Hausen!", or occasionally "Ya Bell End!"
Fine among this friend group; not fine outside of it.

Back