What Grease For Multitool?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_20231011_135440.jpg

IMG_20231011_135443.jpg

Hi all,

Had my Multitool apart as it's full of dust from cutting plasterboard, the grease in there has now also become a clogged up goo, I want to remove the old grease but what type should I replace it with?

Thanks
Chris

Sponsored Links
I do not know the answer, but I do carry lithium grease in my rucksack.

It comes in handy (not sure if it is the correct grease though), but perhaps you need to consider using a vacuum to suck away the dust when working. It is a bit of pain, but when working, I try to hold the vacuum hose next to the blade. It prolongs the life of the tool and cuts down on the mess.

Sponsored Links
Comma nlg grease quite cheap on amazon

Blup

Yeh, multibillion pound businesses don’t last.
Unfortunate, I don't see them surviving against the competition. Ebay has reoriented their bias in favour of the buyer. Ebay also has significantly wider range of products. My buys from amazon are getting rarer and rarer. I am sure this is happening to other people as well.

Unfortunate, I don't see them surviving against the competition. Ebay has reoriented their bias in favour of the buyer. Ebay also has significantly wider range of products. My buys from amazon are getting rarer and rarer. I am sure this is happening to other people as well.

I could count on the fingers of one hand, the number of items I have bought from Amazon, whereas I long since lost count of what I've bought from Ebay. Ebay is usually much cheaper, and tends towards a greater selection. Amazon's default of join Prime, also makes me wary.

I could count on the fingers of one hand, the number of items I have bought from Amazon, whereas I long since lost count of what I've bought from Ebay. Ebay is usually much cheaper, and tends towards a greater selection. Amazon's default of join Prime, also makes me wary.
The £25 minimum for free delivery is what gets me. The nag about prime doesn't bother me as much. There are still some deals cheaper on amazon, DuBonnet Aperitif for instance. My main buys are from china. My quick buys are from ebay. Amazon for the occasional bargain buys. I think they are in trouble, which is a shame given the occasional bargains.

Amazon for the occasional bargain buys. I think they are in trouble, which is a shame given the occasional bargains.

I never shop for just bargains, I never idly browse websites and get tempted to buy - rather I decide I might need something, then specifically seek out the cheapest source, that matches my spec..

The last none-food item I bought was a pair of 12v remote control batteries. Ebay prices varied between £12 and the £2.99 I actually paid, by clicking the ebay drop down and selecting 'cheapest, including delivery'.

Clean all the dust first, then use either lithium grease or moly grease.
My preference is moly grease for moving parts that get hot, but lithium grease is good as well.
Lidl sells lithium grease spray cans which you can direct exactly where you want it.
I used to have a tub of white grease from Ford, excellent stuff, but can't find it anymore.

I hate Amazon with a vengeance, but I'm also a complete hypocrite when it comes to saving money and they seem to deliver most low value items to the petrol garage at the end of my street for nothing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back