What happened to the 'element of surprise'?

Sponsored Links
Can you answer the question or not?

What do you have to hide?
Can you?

Reasons to look at someone's profile I take it?

As I said a variety of reasons. To see their recent activity, to see if they are online, to have a look at their image album etc.

OOh and of course to sift through their postings. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
You're "stuff"?

I take it you mean you're postings.
No offence but as most of them are boring nonsense on those silly posts that dominate this forum I'd hardly want to sift through them.
Guess if I had that lot posted I'd want to hide them too.

You're "stuff"?

I take it you mean you're postings.
No offence but as most of them are boring nonsense on those silly posts that dominate this forum I'd hardly want to sift through them.
Guess if I had that lot posted I'd want to hide them too.
Ok.

Can you answer the question or not?

Can you?

Reasons to look at someone's profile I take it?

As I said a variety of reasons. To see their recent activity, to see if they are online, to have a look at their image album etc.

OOh and of course to sift through their postings. :rolleyes:

Norcon, I've calmed down since yesterday.

My point still remains, I don't see why you or anyone else needs to view my profile. You state that it's to 'see their recent activity', you could see my recent activity... you were posting in to it! You want to 'see if they are online', you knew I was online, I was posting replies to you! You want to 'have a look at their image album etc', That's what worries me! Not you per se but please read on...

Hopefully this will be of some use to other members of the forum, the main reason my profile is 'private' is because ANYONE, even none members just passing through this forum, can access members profiles if they are not set as private. My profile was 'open' originally. I used to have a photo of myself and a few photos of the family. I like the fact and find it useful (as I'm signed in to DIYnot automatically on my PC), that I can use my account here to store some photos and link to them on other forums just like using Photobucket etc. What I don't like however is that ANYONE browsing through this forum (member or not), can view my personal photos etc. I didn't realise this until my wife said she found she could access the photos from a PC at work. Now call me old fashioned, call me paranoid but I'm a little uncomfortable with the fact that my personal photos (some of my family and me), can be accessed by ANYONE passing by the forum (unless the profile is 'private') and so I switched it over to 'private'.

The question will/can they wipe them out (tali's) I don't think so but a lot will die in this 'open offensive.

The main reason for the 'openness is the coalition is firstly using mainly Afghans against each other ( clever) and secondly they are trying to win the 'hearts and minds of the afghans and trying to reduce the collateral damage ( women,kids, whole families), they have failed miserably in this respect so far, whatever they tell us.

If, and If the Non Afghan coalition troops go in and fight close quarters
there will be a lot of bodies returning here also,sadly many unnecassary deaths and bloodshed.

Hey You're right Blas. Good points.
My apologies.

Hey You're right Blas. Good points.
My apologies.
Norcon, mine too. I'm a hot headed sod at the best of times and I'm 'supposed' to be watching my Blood Pressure! :oops: My wife will kill me... that's if my heart doesn't pack up before she gets to me!

I shouldn't have addressed you in the manner in which I did so apologies from me to. I was shocked that anyone could just pop into the forum and look at anything in a members profile. I think DIYnot should let us know this when we activate the account either 'open' or 'private'. I wasn't going to come back on today but I thought about it last night and thought, what if other members have 'personal/family' photos on here and have an 'open' profile. So that's why I thought I'd 'retaliate'! :oops: :LOL:

No hard feelings. I've edited my posts above to remove my less 'diplomatic' replies. ;)

The question will/can they wipe them out (tali's) I don't think so but a lot will die in this 'open offensive.

The main reason for the 'openness is the coalition is firstly using mainly Afghans against each other ( clever) and secondly they are trying to win the 'hearts and minds of the afghans and trying to reduce the collateral damage ( women,kids, whole families), they have failed miserably in this respect so far, whatever they tell us.

If, and If the Non Afghan coalition troops go in and fight close quarters
there will be a lot of bodies returning here also,sadly many unnecassary deaths and bloodshed.
I just found it strange that our armed forces would tell 'the enemy' when they're going to attack and how large an attack it will be but yeah they're good points newgas.

It was done so that the civilian population had time to get clear of the area, to allow Taliban waivers to run away and ensure that only the hardcore were left behind to be slaughtered.

Sponsored Links
Back