What Have Fourteen Years of Conservative Rule Done to Britain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Living standards have fallen. The country is exhausted by constant drama. But the U.K. can’t move on from the Tories without facing up to the damage that has occurred.

Tories have wrecked everythying.

Sponsored Links

Living standards have fallen. The country is exhausted by constant drama. But the U.K. can’t move on from the Tories without facing up to the damage that has occurred.

Tories have wrecked everythying.
It's keeping you awake ⏰️, isn't it.

I agree the country is in a poor state and ultimately it can only be a weak Tory government to blame.

Strong leadership would not let the lemon left influencing Laws on crime and immigration.

Being in government isn't all about being liked, (Otherwise Corbyn would be PM). It's about being tough. And when they had someone tough, his followers all got a bit wet & melted.

I like Rishi washy, but he's not a leader.

Bring back Boris.

Sponsored Links
And to add, Boris had the toughest time in government since Winston.

If this country doesn't wake up soon, things will get an awful lot worse.

I agree the country is in a poor state and ultimately it can only be a weak Tory government to blame.

Strong leadership would not let the lemon left influencing Laws on crime and immigration.

Being in government isn't all about being liked, (Otherwise Corbyn would be PM). It's about being tough. And when they had someone tough, his followers all got a bit wet & melted.

I like Rishi washy, but he's not a leader.

Bring back Boris.
Strong leadership? , Borris, Truss, Ree Smogg, 30p Lee, Cruella, Pretty, all strong leaders, have shafted the country.

My feelings. The country is extremely unhappy. Economic growth has been slow. We are more unequal in terms of wealth. There is much less chance of getting on the property ladder. The health service is melting down. Councils have had funding slashed, so local services are falling apart. How to fix it is a different matter!

This is an interesting graph. I know we are spending a lot more on health since covid, but there was a decade when we fell a long way behind.

1712306541702.png

My feelings. The country is extremely unhappy. Economic growth has been slow. We are more unequal in terms of wealth. There is much less chance of getting on the property ladder. The health service is melting down. Councils have had funding slashed, so local services are falling apart. How to fix it is a different matter!

It's not hard to know how to fix it.

What's is hard is to get the parties - who are primarily interested only in getting into power, which is on a 5-yr cycle - to commit to the long-term project needed.

It's not hard to know how to fix it.

What's is hard is to get the parties - who are primarily interested only in getting into power, which is on a 5-yr cycle - to commit to the long-term project needed.

If we could set aside the political cycle, what would that long term project be?

My first thoughts are. We need to grow the economy and equalise the regions. But how? We have a very poor record in this country with any sort of planned industrial strategy. Reversing wealth inequality could be achieved, but if done too quickly, the disruption could be monumental. We need to fix the planning system and bring down the cost of infrastructure. Training more key workers so that we don't need to pinch so many workers from abroad might also be a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back