What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
I went round my mums to sort out her outside light as she went over last night putting some rubbish out and while I was there she got me on bulb duty - two in the kitchen, one in the hall and one in the bathroom. I did the first three but couldn’t work out how to get the bathroom bulb out so I pulled the whole unit out of the ceiling. Well, it had a couple of lethal spring clips on it and when it came out.......snap, the clips snapped shut with the same force as a bloody mousetrap. I though I’d broken my fingers. It didn’t half hurt! Worse thing was, I didn’t need to remove it anyway. :cautious:

Bloody clips!

BD5A024B-8AAD-42CF-A2E6-1E7056AA8115.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Looks like the thing got stuck in mesh :eek: Was that a scrapper replacement in the past?
John :)
Yes John, bought off ebay and went withing 4 miles on way to mot and as you say it must have engaged and run a bit hot. I was performing my usual diesel pre mot rev run cleanout when I heard a ticking noise for a few seconds, maybe a little longer after tuning my ears in over the din:) , before I could turn it off there was an hell of a thud .:eek:
That was the first time in nearly 60 years of motoring I haven't been able to get myself home and needed a tow.

Had a bit of an intermittent cough and a sore throat yesterday so just been up for a Covid test. Booked it late last night, got a 9.00 appointment in Upminster station car park. In and out in 10 minutes. Nearly brought my breakfast up with that stick thing on my tonsils though. Gotta isolate for up to three days now or until I get my result. Mrs Mottie says I’m making a big fuss over nothing - it’s okay for her, she had her tonsils removed as a child and doesn’t have a gag reflex. :sneaky:

Sponsored Links
Back