What have you been doing today?

This mess hadn’t been cleaned up from yesterday so different day, same shît! :rolleyes:

56866522-8BCF-4341-A916-D8D633D1355D.jpeg

Sponsored Links
You must have seen some greener grass somewhere. Spill!

Water meter contracting for United Utilities. More money, less hours, no wandering around farms looking for leaks, no 3 hour drives to Birmingham and I don’t have to have the van at home (which I hate) so I can get my Clubsport and have a short commute to my new yard :)

Water meter contracting for United Utilities. More money, less hours, no wandering around farms looking for leaks, no 3 hour drives to Birmingham and I don’t have to have the van at home (which I hate) so I can get my Clubsport and have a short commute to my new yard :)
Sounds good. Is that working for yourself or someone else?

Sponsored Links
I spent an hour or so this afternoon making a specific sized planter box for Mrs Mottie out of some chopped up decking planks that I took out of a skip. It looks like something a first year woodwork pupil would have made on his first day at school! Never mind, Mrs Mottie is over the moon with it and says it is exactly what she wanted. She now wants me to make another one. :eek:

After a week of toothache, Ive managed to get a cancellation for tomorrow.....thank goodness, I've been trying to avoid taking painkillers all the time....I just succumb when it gets really tedious.

11.40am

Tooth hurty but not two thirty.

I spent an hour or so this afternoon making a specific sized planter box for Mrs Mottie out of some chopped up decking planks that I took out of a skip. It looks like something a first year woodwork pupil would have made on his first day at school! Never mind, Mrs Mottie is over the moon with it and says it is exactly what she wanted. She now wants me to make another one. :eek:
Pictures!

TBF, that's exactly how I would have done it.

If I get a mo, I'll post a picture of the cold frame I made for Mrs S.

Strikingly similar, it is made from decking boards with a hinged lid made from a bit of twinwall polycarb roofing.

:oops: Don’t laugh. 25 more coats of paint and it might level out. Anyway, it’ll be hidden behind a bench. Version 2.0 might be better - that was my prototype. :whistle:

She wanted rustic and by God she got it!

View attachment 231139

Bit rustic, but nothing wrong with that. Old fence post some spare decking boards and hey presto, won't be noticeable when planted up anyway.

Jus got back from my morning walk. I walked from the door today instead of driving to my usual walk in a local country park. I noticed two things: 1. We had the fields practically to ourself this morning - apart from one runner, I didn’t see a single soul over the fields (normally I would see at least half a dozen) and 2. There were more cars parked in our road - it seems the station parker’s are returning. :mad: I can only think that things are starting to get back to normal. Damn, I might even have to go back to work myself! :eek:

078CF28C-2E10-4693-8114-9235D0758F25.jpeg

Every silver lining and all that! :rolleyes:

One of my neighbours was ripping up his decking today. Said I could take what I wanted for the borders on my allotment. 1st load, filled the Golf up and run it over there. No problem.

BF2EFC4C-8DFF-4947-8E34-1AB7B2E2D073.jpeg

Next load, a stack of 6”x2” joists. Luvvly jubbly, fill the Golf and.....oh crap. :whistle:

B2782E2A-27C8-4176-A6D5-E129519F17B3.jpeg

Should’ve paid more attention to that nail. Good job it’s not the new one. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back