What have you been doing today?

Under way!

12BB3686-EC29-49DF-80E1-7F318BE084D3.jpeg

Just got in. I left it smouldering - one of the plot holders live in a house that backs on to my plot and he's going to keep an eye on it tonight. I'll go over tomorrow to rake it over and remove all the metal bits from it before bagging it up to spread later.

Sponsored Links
Under way!

View attachment 249891

Just got in. I left it smouldering - one of the plot holders live in a house that backs on to my plot and he's going to keep an eye on it tonight. I'll go over tomorrow to rake it over and remove all the metal bits from it before bagging it up to spread later.

That's a lot of co2 being emitted there mate.

Starting to get excited now! Less that 2 weeks to my Spanish fly-ride motorcycling trip. I have biking gear that I only use for my big bike trips - I haven't used them since Corsica in 2018. First task was finding it. Some of it was under the bed in the back bedroom, some in the back of the wardrobe in our bedroom and I finally found my boots in the loft. At least the boots still fitted me!
Bit of a problem with my Schuberth touring helmet - the Sena Bluetooth unit wasn't clicking into place and would have pinged off on the road so I had to swap the fitting kit over from my spare touring Shoei. Then the Sena phone app wouldn't pair up with the unit as all the firmware needed updating. Sorted that eventually but had to fire up the laptop with the Sena programme on it to do that and it wouldn't work first, second or third time but eventually worked on the fourth attempt. Phew, I'm worn out already!

B2AB4008-E037-4762-825C-A31EB74BBBA1.jpeg

Attachments

• 5EDC01D3-0937-4B71-982F-63D53297A4CE.jpeg
    5EDC01D3-0937-4B71-982F-63D53297A4CE.jpeg
    299.5 KB · Views: 37
Sponsored Links
Starting to get excited now! Less that 2 weeks to my Spanish fly-ride motorcycling trip. I have biking gear that I only use for my big bike trips - I haven't used them since Corsica in 2018. First task was finding it. Some of it was under the bed in the back bedroom, some in the back of the wardrobe in our bedroom and I finally found my boots in the loft. At least the boots still fitted me!
Bit of a problem with my Schuberth touring helmet - the Sena Bluetooth unit wasn't clicking into place and would have pinged off on the road so I had to swap the fitting kit over from my spare touring Shoei. Then the Sena phone app wouldn't pair up with the unit as all the firmware needed updating. Sorted that eventually but had to fire up the laptop with the Sena programme on it to do that and it wouldn't work first, second or third time but eventually worked on the fourth attempt. Phew, I'm worn out already!

View attachment 250158

Decided your going now then? You wasn't sure a little while ago.

Decided your going now then? You wasn't sure a little while ago.
Well, I'm 99.9% sure I'll be going now. The figures are looking better in Andalusia than the UK at the moment plus I had my Covid booster last week. Oh, and I'm not paying until I get there. :)

Well, I'm 99.9% sure I'll be going now. The figures are looking better in Andalusia than the UK at the moment plus I had my Covid booster last week. Oh, and I'm not paying until I get there. :)

It's good to hear, can't be hermits forever, need to move forward at some point

View attachment 250158
Spanish Fly!! is it any good for the over 60s :)

I went out for a cycle today. There’s an Iceland about four miles away that I cycle to where I can buy British things, Tea bags, sweeties that I like etc.
When I was 200 yards from home, I was pulled up by two cops on motorcycles.
I was told that it is obligatory to wear a helmet and that if they see me doing it again it will be 200€ fine.
I was looking at helmets a couple of weeks ago, but I didn’t buy one. It looks like a trip to decathlon is called for.

Scrumping apples, my knee flared up with my mate Arthur Itis who visits occasionally so having a few days off, went for a walk through the grounds of a NT estate for gentle exercise, quite a few apples still on the trees so told Mrs CB to keep nix while I scrumped a few, nice & tart mmm, as member I reckon I am entitled :whistle:

Did you make all of them?

Andy

Yep. Few years back, wifey sent me a pic from her shopping safari, and said, "Look at these. Make me one!". When every bugger I know had had one, I moved to offering for the charity. Fews time now. If the hospice shifts them, I've said I'll do 30 next year:eek:

Took my commuter scooter up to the main dealers for an MOT today. Checked the lights when I turned up - one sidelight not working but a sharp tap on the lens soon sorted that. The same bloke did it this year who did it last year. It passed with no advisories which was strange as last year he advised that the steering head bearings were 'notchy'. I couldn't find anything wrong with them last year so I left well alone. Probably just touting for work last year. While I was there, I bought an air filter, oil filter and a spark plug as I'm going to treat her to a service next week.

Finishing off and delivering a dozen 'reindeer' to Ty Hafan, Wales' children's cancer hospice near Barry, S.Wales.

I remember the first time I saw one of them & I remember taking one step backwards at the £price. Before I convinced myself to bag one they'd all sold out . . .

I've made a few over the years, including the almost life sized one I surprised the grandkids with . . .

Nothing but a pleasant afternoon's work if you have the time, cost £SFA if you have the logs & the chainsaw, yet they can bring a smile to anyone's face.

Karma to you Sir, you have donated nothing more than a few hours work to a worthy cause & bought much joy.

Sponsored Links
Back