What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
On the way back from the country park this morning in a diesel Golf, I was effectively blocked by a group of about a dozen or so MAMIL’s. (Middle Aged Men In Lycra) cycling down one of the country lanes. I crawled along behind them at about 18mph. They wouldn’t move over and you could see them looking back and having a good laugh at holding me up. I had a few opportunities to overtake but I held my nerve and when the time was right, I floored it in second and passed them. I chucked up such a cloud of soot and I hoped they all got a good lungful or two. Cleaned the soot out of my exhaust a treat. Feck 'em! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Did a HIIT session on the Kickr.
Dug up and sifted the bricks and pebbles from a "feature" on my lawn, leaving only the cordyline.
Then put grass seed down.

Then, off to Top Tracer driving range, and hit some golf balls.

Sponsored Links
My dad came up today and helped me plane down some doors that were sticking, mostly because the previous owner of the house got them painted/varnished by someone who was a little overzealous. One door was actually sticking because the gripper rod and linoleum underneath were lifting by about 4mm - so I drilled holes and drove in three screws. Sorted.

Afterwards we did some gardening, clearing out several months worth of weeds and excess growth. I wish I could be as passionate about gardening as I am about DIY. Having my dad with me makes the task just about bearable. Photos attached!

By the time we’d started the gardening the decorator (who was in today) had almost finished the living room and went home for the day, leaving the place looking lovely. He’s back tomorrow to finish and then paper our downstairs bathroom.

Attachments

• IMG_1582.jpeg
    IMG_1582.jpeg
    831.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1581.jpeg
    IMG_1581.jpeg
    779.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1583.jpeg
    IMG_1583.jpeg
    717.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1584.jpeg
    IMG_1584.jpeg
    684.6 KB · Views: 33
Finally found one at a car boot this morning. A genuine 'Fonz' mirror.

Spent most of the rest of the day teaching the grandkids to pose & say "Heyyyyy". Which made their facetime with moms & pops quite interesting tonite.

On the way back from the country park this morning in the diesel Golf dogmobile, I was effectively blocked by a group of about a dozen or so MAMIL’s. (Middle Aged Men In Lycra) cycling down one of the country lanes. :ROFLMAO:
So, basically, you sat there staring at their @Rs3's

Checked in for our flight to Menorca tomorrow. Free seat selection 24 hours before flight. Plenty of choice but I thought I’d look in to paying to check in and select seats early for the return flight. £29 each! Sod that, I’ll wait, check in and select free seats when I’m out there.

Last edited:
Took the dog for her last walk with me for a week and left her with a friend while we are away. It’s getting harder and harder to leave her now as she's getting older and Mrs Mottie said we might have to start going on holidays that the dog can come on. The house feels empty without her.

Going away tomorrow (flight permitting!). Mrs Mottie is at work this morning and then straight round her mums to look after her until early evening so I’ve been left with a list of things to do before we go. I still have to go to work today too but I can go at anytime so I’ll just pop in, show my face, check everything is okay, sign off any assessments and come straight home.

I posted this picture that I saw on my way to the dog walk this morning - I’ve posted it on here before, well over a month or two ago and weirdly, absolutely nothing has changed - the car is still stuck in the house! I wonder why that would be?

IMG_1685.jpeg

Maybe they're just badly parked?

We're having a new window installed today and i thought to tidy up a the brickwork around the house with a quick coat of paint...five minutes of rain put paid to that, so now i'm twiddling my thumbs and watching someone else do the work for a change. :D

New tyres and tubes, ordered for tractor, just awaiting their delivery - I'm fed up of trying to repair punctures almost every time get it out to cut the grass. Seller has sent two different tracker emails, for two delivery companies, DHL and UK Mail, which is rather worrying.

New tyres and tubes, ordered for tractor, just awaiting their delivery - I'm fed up of trying to repair punctures almost every time get it out to cut the grass. Seller has sent two different tracker emails, for two delivery companies, DHL and UK Mail, which is rather worrying.
Maybe there are two parcels with different carriers?

Took the dog for her last walk with me for a week and left her with a friend while we are away. It’s getting harder and harder to leave her now as she's getting older and Mrs Mottie said we might have to start going on holidays that the dog can come on. The house feels empty without her.

Going away tomorrow (flight permitting!). Mrs Mottie is at work this morning and then straight round her mums to look after her until early evening so I’ve been left with a list of things to do before we go. I still have to go to work today too but I can go at anytime so I’ll just pop in, show my face, check everything is okay, sign off any assessments and come straight home.

I posted this picture that I saw on my way to the dog walk this morning - I’ve posted it on here before, well over a month or two ago and weirdly, absolutely nothing has changed - the car is still stuck in the house! I wonder why that would be?

View attachment 312546

Load-bearing car (y)

Sponsored Links
Back