What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
I admit to getting confused sometimes. But if you are being extremely positive and complimentary about somebody, does it matter if you mention their race (or gender). I have told lots of people about some wonderful Asian carers my dad had.

Sponsored Links
Isn't it called painting a picture and are we to lose that and paint a blank canvas.
Talk about getting a grip.

Walking the dog this morning, I saw an Egret stalking some fish whilst being watched by a cat. Susie was watching both with great interest. Given a choice if she was let off of the lead, I think she'd have gone for the Egret.

IMG_1370.jpeg

Caravan awning taken down yesterday, as it was dry, and no wind, because wind and rain was predicted for today - so this morning just a matter of packing the caravan up, and the towing to home. The wind and rain struck, just as we were manoeuvring it back up the drive, at home.

Lawn seems to be drying out slowly, so might be able to run the tractor mower over some of it this week, the dryer parts, at least. The first time this year. The grass is over a foot high, in places.

Been consoling Mrs Mottie today. She and her sister signed their mum in at a care home this morning and they are both tearing themselves apart as to whether they have done the right thing. They have been in denial for some time now about their mums dementia. Plain fact is that she cannot live on her own. Living in our house and then her sisters house for 2 or three days at a time she sort of calms down but she is running them ragged. Left on her own, she has forgotten how to feed and wash herself and although they have not said yet, she is wearing her neighbours down knocking them up at 2 and 3 in the morning resulting in them having to phone us up to go and collect her. They both said she had a face like a smacked arse when they dropped her off this morning - she is sort of having a good day today and she knows what’s going on. :(

Been consoling Mrs Mottie today. She and her sister signed their mum in at a care home this morning and they are both tearing themselves apart as to whether they have done the right thing. They have been in denial for some time now about their mums dementia. Plain fact is that she cannot live on her own. Living in our house and then her sisters house for 2 or three days at a time she sort of calms down but she is running them ragged. Left on her own, she has forgotten how to feed and wash herself and although they have not said yet, she is wearing her neighbours down knocking them up at 2 and 3 in the morning resulting in them having to phone us up to go and collect her. They both said she had a face like a smacked arse when they dropped her off this morning - she is sort of having a good day today and she knows what’s going on. :(

Live in care is another possibility. I don't know whether it is always suitable.

Left on her own, she has forgotten how to feed and wash herself and although they have not said yet, she is wearing her neighbours down knocking them up at 2 and 3 in the morning resulting in them having to phone us up to go and collect her.

They say that when they can longer feed themselves that they need to go into a home.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Back