Are you doing anything to conserve water?

I made a point of never having a valve based dual flush system in either toilet in the house. Will only have syphon flushes.

Far more effieicnt in the long run, i sure many here are aware..

We have three apple trees, two of which are small, and we water the smaller ones in times of dry weather, but usually from a water butt(s). We have 480L capacity of water butts all off the garage. I got a flat sloping roof for just that purpose, rather than a pitch roof.

We also water veg growing in the garden, again from the water butts, and have a nature pond, which we top up from the water butts.

I may replace them with an IBC if I can work out how to get one into the garden.

Sponsored Links
We are a small island surrounded by water.

We are famous for our rainfall.

If anyone wants to try to make me feel guilty about how much treated water that I or any of my family consume on my property, then bring it on.

Your water supply is the last battle in the war. Lose this one & it's all over.

Almost everything else you consume is currently at artificially inflated prices. You will die hungry & cold, but you will not die of thirst.

If anyone wants to try to make me feel guilty about how much treated water that I or any of my family consume on my property, then bring it on.

Almost everything else you consume is currently at artificially inflated prices. You will die hungry & cold, but you will not die of thirst.
You might when you realise water is a product for profit, not an essential item for all.

Electric, gas, water, transport (public) and even internet are essentials.

Not interested in saving water. We keep growing our population by millions of immigrants, so why should I use less? I, along with most people, didn't vote to swell the population, so not my problem if we don't have enough. But of course we do have enough, it's just media bull. It lashes down most of the year and we're surrounded by the stuff. If the media and politicians get my back up, I'll start using more to pee them off. Looks like the van needs yet another wash!

Sponsored Links
Not interested in saving water. We keep growing our population by millions of immigrants, so why should I use less? I, along with most people, didn't vote to swell the population, so not my problem if we don't have enough. But of course we do have enough, it's just media bull. It lashes down most of the year and we're surrounded by the stuff. If the media and politicians get my back up, I'll start using more to pee them off. Looks like the van needs yet another wash!
How much zoider would you need to drink to wash down a van? o_O

I pay £700 per year on a rateable charge, 4 of us, we tried a meter and would have save £40 a year being strict with water so we went back to rateable. At that price I use what I want.

When everything else becomes too expensive, I will power my house by feeding my mains water supply into my new water turbine generator. Using the water that I have paid for my new water turbine hydro generator will generate the approx 2kw my house needs to function as a habitable home. The Brucie bonus with this method is it is capable of generating power continuously & doesn't rely on the wind blowing or the sun shining, 'cos as we all well know it rains 'round 'ere much more than the sun shines & the wind blows . . . . .

Before the Marxists & the slime greeny's start, I don't feel that this will be wasting water. It's a closed loop hydro turbine system, you simply feed the mains supply into the turbine & once the power is extracted you simply feed the water into the drain. The water corporation supplies you with the water you paid for & you almost immediately give it them back.

Win win win.

Weirdly, or counter-intuitively, those lands that frequently suffer from floods or inundation of water by any other means (or dry V wet seasons), tend to be well conversed in using water sparingly, and collecting clean rain water at each opportunity.

Yet another poster obsessed with introducing a rant against migration at each and every opportunity. Their hatred of foreigners (and anyone else who may not look like them) in UK must consume their every waking moment.

The water companies are complaining about the low water levels in the reservoirs. Well, I drive past my local reservoir every day, and each morning I fill a bucket with water from my tap and empty it into the reservoir on my way to town. If everyone else did the same the reservoirs would be full in no time.

An obsession you seem to have...Do you see him when you sleep?
No, but every so often a couple of controversial usernames stop posting and at the same time a couple more appear.
Same style, same arguments, same rubbish, zero contribution to any diy thread.
How could you not notice this eerie coincidence?

Sponsored Links
Back